How do I get health insurance for Israel?

kmcqueen's picture
By kmcqueen - Posted on

Hi there! September 1 I move to Israel for on year post-doc research job, being paid by the uni via student scholarship. To obtain health insurance, do I just wait until I arrive, and then go and visit an insurance agency? Or must I organise this beforehand with an Israeli agency? Either way, which agency is good for expats? Thanks! Kelvin

Hi Kelvin

If you are earning a slary in Israel and paying taxes then you will be eligable for public healthcare which is excellent, although waiting times can be long. 

If not, you should arrange private healthcare beforehand and study the details of a variety of options, before settling.

Read our healthcare in Israel page for more information

RebekahLuvsJesus's picture

Shalom, I'm from America and on disability and need a TON of meds, when I move to Israel, how do I get affordable healthcare insurance and possible disability ( I want to become a citizen) to pay for all my psych meds?
Thanks, Rebekah

Read more posts about Israel