How do I go about obtaining a work visa for Israel?

nicki.sara2's picture
By nicki.sara2 - Posted on
29 April 2013
my sisters have been living in Israel for 15 yrs already as our mother is South African and their father is Israeli, my father is South african, I am not Jewish but would like to join my sisters living there, how would I go about getting residence or maybe a work visa so my daughter and I can go over and join them?
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago

Hi nicki.sara2,

As you are not Jewish or married to an Israeli citizen, the only way you'd be able to get residence in Israel would be by getting a work visa.

To do this, you will need to find a employer to act as your sponsor. Be prepared, the process of obtaining a work visa is a long and complicated process.

There are two types of work visa for Israel, the open work permit, which is granted to those who are in a relationship with an Israeli citizen or of Jewish descent. You would be only be entitled to a restricted work permit which would limit you to working for a particular employer, who would be willing to sponsor you through the process.

For a more detailied overview of the visa process for Israel, I suggest you take a look the Expat Arrivals page on Visas for Israel.

B
est of luck.

Jayashree BG's picture

My Husband has a work permit to work in Israel and i have dependant visa. Could some one please let me know whether i can convert my visa to B1 work permit visa? If yes what is the procedure to get B1 work permit visa.

Thanks & Regards,
Jayashree BG

Read more posts about Israel