How do I start an acupuncture practice in France?

Kyle Garmon Liston's picture
By Kyle Garmon Liston - Posted on

I'm thinking of relocating in French Tuscany. I am an acupuncturist and a registered nurse in the US. Can anyone tell me what is required for a foreigner to practice acupuncture in France? Is there enough of a local and/or expat community to support a 15-20 hour/week practice? Where is the best place to live if you'd like to be in walking distance to the markets and shops, cafes? How much does it truly cost to live there? Thank you!

Anonymous

Hello Kyle, I happened to see your question while looking for information about buying a car in France for someone in my American family. The short answer to your question is that it is illegal to practice acupuncture here if you are not a medical doctor licensed in France. On the other hand, I am an acupuncturist in France with only acupuncture diplomas from the US and Japan, and it is possible to practice. It is a "tolerated" situation, legally, as long as you pay all required taxes and you do not run into problems with any of your patients.

Your rating: None Average: 4.5 (2 votes)

Read more posts about France