How long does it take to get an Oman work visa?

Haoman's picture
By Haoman - Posted on

I would like to ask what is the exact time for getting visa ready for Oman, what is its process and how much time should iIexpect the visa from them? It's been two days they receive my paper and medical examination done in India.

Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago

Unfortunately it can be quite difficult to estimate the amount of time a visa application takes because it depends on a number of different things. It can be anywhere from a few days, to a week or two, to a month. To get an overview of the process of an employment visa application please have a look at our Visas for Oman page.

Best of luck.

Haoman's picture

Thanks Meagan. But I think the condition for two week or a month is in the rare cases?
Normally when everything is ready or if its a big company what you think do they have a chance to get approval in short time??
Is there a possible way to check visa status with having application number??

Anonymous

What if my medical certificate is expired do I have a chance to get an employment visa or do I need to take another medical?

Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago

As far as I am aware you would need to take another medical as they require up-to-date information.

Anonymous

Like UAE, do you need to undergo medical examination in the local government hospital on arrival?

Anonymous

dear , idid send my papers to a company in dubaito work with baker hughes company in oman ,,ok ,
this company as sub contractor ,,but up to now i did not get my permit of work ,,since a month ?how long it takes to be ready?

Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago

It's unusual for it to take so long - usually it only takes 5 days or at most 10 days to come through. It can take longer if the hiring company doesn't have the required/correct documentation. However, a long delay isn't a good sign - are you sure that the company is legitimate?
Anonymous

Hii meagan,

I have submitted all my necessary documets on 04th feb 2017 to agency and same has been forwarded to my new company which is locating in oman.

Could u tell me how many days will it take to get employment visa out for the indian passport.

Last seen: 1 hour 14 min ago

You posted this a few days ago. Have you received your visa yet?

As stated above, it should take only five to ten days unless something is wrong with the hiring company's documentation.

Read more posts about Oman