How much chance is there of us finding work in UK when you are over 50?

Terri von gordon's picture
By Terri von gordon - Posted on
26 April 2017

I have been (in South Africa) for many years, but now we are wanting to return Britain as most of my family are there. What are the chances of us finding work I am in HR and my husband is in the paper making industry as a field technician. We are both over 50. My sister who has been back for eight years is battling and already been retrenched. Would it be easier to start a business?

Any honest advice would be great

Terri von gordon
Durban South Africa.

Anonymous

Very similar situation to ourselves, have the same qurstion - did you receive any replies?
we're NZ based at the moment but hope to be over in the UK 9-12 months from now,

Alistair & Bo
Wellington, NZ

Anonymous

Unfortunately nothing. I think starting a business is the way to go, and also it depends on what field you are in. A colleague of my husband who I think was in his late sixties and doing contract work in SA has returned to Northern Ireland.
I have been doing lots of searching and Teaching and consultancy work appear to be viable options.

Hope you get some feed back. Let me know if you find out anything.
Kind regards
Terri Von Gordon

Read more posts about The United Kingdom