How much it cost to renew Critical Skills Work Permit VISA in South Africa?

Kushal Desai's picture
By Kushal Desai - Posted on
29 October 2017

I have Critical Skills Work Permit VISA for 1 year Validity. I have a job and I would like to renew my VISA for 5 years and then I will apply for PR.

Please suggest!

How much it cost and how much time it takes for VISA renewal for 5 years.

Thanks & Regards,

Kushal Desai

EmmaL's picture

Hi Kushal

Try the VFS website - they have all the info you need to apply to renew your visa including prices and waiting times, and also the link where you apply online. The site says it takes between 8 and 10 weeks to process a critical skills visa, but you should start applying as soon as possible. When does your current visa expire?

Kushal Desai's picture
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago

Hello Emma,

It's always great to receive a reply from you!

My Critical Skills Work Permit VISA expires on 6th of June, 2018. I recently got a job in Joburg and I wanted to renew my VISA before or after December.

Thank you so much for your time!

Kushal Desai

EmmaL's picture

Hi Kushal

While there's still some time before your visa expires, I suggest you don't wait too long to start the renewal process. Did you get your visa by yourself? Or through an agent?

It's only a pleasure!

Kushal Desai's picture
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago

Hi Emma,

I will start the process soon after the holidays. I got my VISA by myself. Thank you for your suggestion!

Thanks & Regards,
Kushal Desai

Read more posts about South Africa