How to get a job and visa in Oman?

Cajetan247's picture
By Cajetan247 - Posted on
13 September 2017

My name is Nwokearu, Cajetan Ezeigbo,a civil engineering graduate from Nigeria. I have a little job experience in civil engineering. I will like to work reside and work in Oman.How am i to go about it. How can I get a visa to Oman? Thanks.

EmmaL's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 24 sec ago

Hi Nwokearu

When you start looking at jobs in different countries, your best starting point is to look at online job portals. You could also contact some companies directly and ask whether they have any open positions. 

Read our guide on moving to Oman for some information. You need to have a job in order to get an employment visa, because your employer will need to apply for this on your behalf. Have a read of our page on visas in Oman.

Good luck!
Anonymous

My name is Harrison,
From Nigeria,
Please can you help secure job for me, I'm a graduate in Statistics and also have over 4years working experience in marketing, banking and record keeping. I want to travel, live and work in Oman.
Please let me know if there is any way you can be of help.
Thanks

EmmaL's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 24 sec ago

Hi Harrison

While I can't help you get a job, I can give you some advice. Your best bet is to start looking at online job portals and even contacting some companies directly. This all starts with a Google search: try the keywords "statistics jobs in Oman" or see if some well-known companies have branches in Oman. Have a look at our guide to working in Oman for some ideas to get you started.

Keep an eye out for cons, though. If you're talking to a possible employer and they ask you for money for work permits or immigration assistance, it's a red flag. Read this article on avoiding job scams for more information.

Hope this helped and good luck!

Read more posts about Oman