How to immigrate to Canada if you are 40 and above?

sabitaabiraman's picture
By sabitaabiraman - Posted on

I am currently living in India and my brother lives in Canada and is a citizen. I wish to immigrate to Canada. I am planning to join a diploma course in computer programming for 2 years at Algonquin University. After completing my course I wish to apply for a work permit and hopefully will get a job in the same field and then apply for Canadian residency. I am above 40 and was thinking if this is the right way to go about immigrating to Canada.

EmmaL's picture
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago

Hi Sabitaabiraman

It is definitely a good idea to further your studies. Have a look at our page on work permits in Canada. What is your nationality? What are you currently doing?

Your age shouldn't be a problem, and it appears that what you are planning could work. Check out the Canadian immigration site for more information here

Good luck!
Anonymous

Thank you Emma. I am an Indian citizen. I work at JP Morgan Chase call center.

Read more posts about Canada