Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Houston
    Hi everyone, my husband has recently been offered a transfer to Houston, so it looks like we'll be heading there next year or 2019. My kids are both...
    3 | 11 weeks 4 days
  • India
    Hi All, I had applied for critical skills visa , i don't hold an offer form a SA company currently. i had made my application with SAQA membership...
    Zero | 12 weeks 1 day
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I'm a Canadian resident, recently visited Sarajevo and had gotten engaged. My bride to be resides there and I'm interested in moving there...
    1 | 12 weeks 1 day
  • Taiwan
    I am filling out job applications for EFL teaching jobs in Taiwan and they are asking for a lot of medical questions.They are asking about current...
    Zero | 12 weeks 3 days
  • Singapore
    How does the E1-E9 grade for software developer in Singapore work ?
    Zero | 12 weeks 5 days
  • Riyadh
    I completed my masters degree in computer application(MCA).Also i have a previous experience in a finance sector in India. Im Interested in teaching...
    1 | 13 weeks 7 hours
  • Nigeria
    I am an Indian, Civil Engineer with 25 yrs experience. What salary should I ask for the position of Construction Project Manager for a MNC in Nigeria...
    1 | 13 weeks 7 hours
  • Thailand
    Hello; I plan to move to Thailand with my two children. On the internet I only find expensive moving services or services that don't seem to pack...
    Zero | 13 weeks 5 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    My wife works as teacher with a school in Abu Dhabi and draws DHS 5900 per month. She teach Maths in Year 5. Can she sponsor her husband and child.
    1 | 13 weeks 6 days
  • Mozambique
    I am from Ethiopia. I am considering moving to mozambique for education in Eduardo Mondlane University for three years. Is 450 Euro per month enough...
    1 | 14 weeks 12 hours
  • Singapore
    May I know how an Expat can rent a place in Singapore? Appreciate if someone can guide me Thanks MS Goh
    2 | 4 weeks 6 days
  • Saudi Arabia
    I am looking at a position in Saudi Arabia, but I am concerned I might not be able to take my parrot with me. I currently live in Australia, and...
    Zero | 14 weeks 1 day
  • Czech Republic
    My husband and I are thinking about moving to (and retiring in) Czech Republic. My husband is a Czech citizen (native Czech speaker), though he has...
    2 | 14 weeks 22 hours
  • Singapore
    Hi, My name is Vinay .. I am from Hyderabad (India).. my condition as of now i am seeking to go Singapore since past 1 year , but based on my home...
    1 | 14 weeks 1 day
  • China
    Do the locals here eat snakes? I have seen pigeons roasted and served in the local restaurants in Beijing and Guangzhou.
    1 | 14 weeks 4 days
  • Dubai
    Myself and two friends have been living and working in Qatar for the last 2-3 years, but are now looking to move over to Dubai. The catch is none of...
    11 | 3 weeks 6 days
  • South Africa
    We are moving to Abu Dhabi from South Africa. I want to know if I can bring my African Grey with me?
    1 | 14 weeks 4 days
  • Portugal
    Hello, My husband and I have been looking for an apartment in Lisbon for about 6 months. We have seen a lot of beautiful apartments, and even tried...
    Zero | 15 weeks 14 hours
  • Budapest
    Hello, We're moving to Budapest from the U.S. in December and are looking for a pediatrician for our two year old son (someone who speaks English...
    Zero | 15 weeks 17 hours
  • Ireland
    My wife and I are considering retiring in Ireland in 2018 (from the US). I'm 57 and she's 56. And I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around...
    2 | 14 weeks 6 days

Read more posts about