I get a job offer from a Bank in Doha, Qatar, is it enough salary for family of 3 kids?

Adaraf Ahmad's picture
By Adaraf Ahmad - Posted on
21 July 2012
Hi.. I got job offer in a Bank, in Doha. The salary is QR 20K/month. All include in it (house allownc, transportation, utilities, air ticket). No school allowances for my sons (9,7,5 years old). Is it OK with the salary to have a decent life? Or is it too small amount? Regards,
Anonymous

The Salary is not good but you can survive because some of my friends are living in qatar with 18 K per month. They have good living with this salary over here in qatar as compare to their home country. Its all depend that upon your current status of living and job. Take care

Your rating: None Average: 2.2 (5 votes)
Anonymous

I think so with three kids, It is about ti be impossible.

Catherine's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg, South Africa

Catherine's Website
Hi Adaraf, the cost of living in Qatar is relatively lower than you may expect in other Middle Eastern countries. However, whether this salary is enough to have a good life and sustain your family in Doha all depends on your personal circumstances and your particular lifestyle and what you are used to. As you mention, your accommodation, utilities and transport are included, so this may go a long way to stretching your salary; however, if this amount is the total amount inclusive of these benefits, then you may find this salary may not stretch as far as you'd like. I suggest having a look at our Cost of Living in Doha page for a breakdown of what you can expect to pay for the basics in Doha. Also, if you're still in a position to negotiate your contract, have a read of our Expat Contract Negotiation for tips on negotiating the best contract possible.
Adaraf Ahmad's picture
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago

Tq for all answers. I actually has signed contract, is it still possible to re-negotiate. Yes, right I will not be able to stretch it with the cost of school in it. So what shoul I do then ? Is it true if I cancel the visa will result with banned entry visa ? Tq

Anonymous

Hello, please can you be of help on working/permanent visa to Qatar, I am Yusuf from Nigeria below is my brief;
HND Computer Science (Kwara Poly), PGD Financial Mgt.(ATBU) PGD Banking and Finance (BUK), MBA Banking and Finance (BUK),
having over fifteen (15) years experience in Banking, presently I am a General Manager of one of the leading private guards security company in Nigeria. Married with three children (10, 8, 3), I have been applying to various sites to get jobs in Qatar without success, please what can I do. I want to relocate to Qatar on working Visa/permanent residence, my email adress is yusuf.ganiyu@yahoo.com, +2348122053706. Thank you.

Catherine's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg, South Africa

Catherine's Website
Hi Yusuf, I suggest having a look at our Visas for Qatar and Work Permits for Qatar pages for more on how to go about getting a visa and working in Qatar. For a bit more on the job market in Qatar, I suggest also looking at the Working in Qatar page. It may be worth sending your CV to recruitment agents and trying to organise a job and the visa through a recognised agent who specialises in this. Good luck with your job search! 
Your rating: None Average: 2.5 (4 votes)
Anonymous

housing 7000
food and other- 3000
education 3000
others 2000
savings 5000

Anonymous

got 8000 QAR package from an IT company in Doha, accomodation,transportation is provided by the company. please help me that is it a good salary .

Your rating: None Average: 1.7 (3 votes)
Anonymous

How much can an Investment Banker expect in salary in Doha.

Specialization: Project Finance and Syndications
Years of relevant experience: 8 years
Education: Masters in Economics and Finance?
Experience in GCC: 2 years (Dubai and Abu Dhabi)

Anonymous

I've got an offer for QAR15K all inclusive except for the return yearly ticket.Do u think I can sponsor my 3 kids (all in elementary level) as required by Ministry of Law or Visa there? Is this okay or enough to sustain my family having this salary? My husband shall stay in U.A.E. for the time being whilst me and my kids will be in Qatar.
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

hai hello i have offered 8650QAR/Month but no Family accomodation vacation also 18 month month once only but i want to live with my family .v r three people my wife,my new born baby and myself.it is k for this salary.

Anonymous

Can anybody tell me about network engineer salary in qatar if he has 5 years experience with these education:

B.Sc(H)in Computing and Information Systems
CCIE-RS(written)
ITIL v3 foundation
CCNP-RS
DCNID
CCNA
JNCIS-SEC
JNCIA-ER

Thanks

Anonymous

hi

I got job offer in a Bank, in Doha. The salary is QR 9K + commission per month(house allownc, transportation, utilities all inclusive ).my children are (7,5&3 years old). Is it OK with the salary to have a decent life? Or is it too small amount? Thank you

Anonymous

Please Admin,can you send me the list of agent that assist to get work in Qatar to my email omotola.oluwaseyi.gabriel@gmail.com.

Thank you

GabyS's picture

South Africa

Hi Anonymous

You can try the job vacancy listings in the Gulf Times and Peninsula newspapers (both have online listings). Otherwise you can try online platforms like gulftalent.com where you post your CV and let employers find you. 

For recruitment companies proper, there's a list of recruitment companies in Qatar here: http://www.qataronlinedirectory.com/127870/company-list/companies-qatar/RECRUITMENT-CONSULTANTS

Take a look at the Expat Arrivals Working in Qatar page for more info.
Anonymous

Hi,my name is ken,am from nigeria.pls i need a business visa to qatar can any one giv me an idear on how to get the visa,thanks,my contacts are email ssmichael50@yahoo.com or call +2348034619715

Catherine's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg, South Africa

Catherine's Website
Hi Ken, if you read through the comment thread above you will see that there are a number of useful links to info about getting a work permit and visa for Qatar...
Payal's picture

Hi Catherine.

Am relocating to Doha in january 2013 post my marriage on a dependent visa, as my fiancee in currently working in Doha.

I want to know if I can apply for a job on dependent visa & later get a work permit from my employer.

Also I have a 6 years of experience in insurance, so kindly suggest how I can apply in banking and insurance industry in doha.

Anonymous

Hi admin,

I just got a 5yrs working visa to Qatar. Through ur advice to others I ve posted my cv to recruitment agencies and some have responded. Pls is it easier to get a job in Qatar if I move over to doha. I ve a degree in accountancy with 4yrs banking experience. Tanx.

Anonymous

My husband signed the job contract,but we felt like we could have negotiate more.we're comming from America where education is free .please advise

Anonymous

I seriously need an answer oon this question. How much will a cleaner,secretary or office assistant earn in qatar per month and i will also want to know if there packages for such jobs?

Anonymous

like how much does the agent collect in helping to secure working visa in qatar

Anonymous

Hi pple, can anyone assist me on how to get in qatar, i have no working experience and i want to sporson myself to qatar.

Anonymous

Hi everyone, my is name samuel from nigeria.I have a Qatar 5 years working visa bt my passport got lost as I trying to book a flight ticket to Qatar.wot will I do since a new passport will nt have the same visa number.any useful information will be of great help to me.my contact +234 7033805494.

Anonymous

Anonymous

I came to Qatar from Pakistan in December 2012 for a visit of just a week. Where I met heads of banking divisions for sharing my CV. One of them interviewed me too and coming back to Pakistan I have had 2 more interviews done on Skype. After that HR asked me for my degree, experience documents and passport copy. It has been since a week time that I have not received any response. I tried to contact HR and they said to advise me the status. Can any one guide me what can be the procedure and time estimation in further developments or should I consider myself selected?

Anonymous

How much saving can be done from 15000 QR (All inclusive, except family ticket) for family of 2+2, one kid goes to school. What is reqular expenses at Doha?

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous

Is a salary of 36K plus benefits (housing, yearly flights to home country, car/fuel, education allowance) a good package for a family of 4. What kind of accom can one find in the 14K p/m price range and which area is recommended?

Anonymous

Hi every one! I am from the Philippines. Kindly help me to find a job in doha qatar. I am 31 yrs old business management graduate. I have a 5 years working office expirience
. Im planning to apply for my tourist visa this may 2013. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Read more posts about Qatar