Sign in to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

If I am an EU citizen do I need to file for a Spanish residency permit?

Stephanie's picture
By Stephanie - Posted on
24 October 2011
No, legally you are not required to file for a residency permit as an EU citizen living in Spain, but logistically you need to do it. Having a residency permit will allow you to do many of the things that a normal lifestyle requires (i.e. being able to apply for a mortgage and a number of procedures that will relate to your spouse - especially if they're from outside the EU)
Anonymous's picture

You will need to apply for a residency permit after 6 months. It changed. If you don't apply you will have problems. The local town/city will not get its full government funding either which is now calculated depending on the number of citizens living there.

Your rating: None Average: 5 (1 vote)

Post new comment

Please only respond to the original question. If you have a new question, click here
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.

Comment Note

If you are not logged in, your comment will first be moderated before showing up on the page. Thanks for being patient. Please don't resubmit your comment when you don't see it appear immediately.

If you browser seems to hang when submitting a comment, please click here and reload the main Q and A Forum Page.

Read more posts about Spain

Login with your Facebook account (Recommended)
, after login or registration your account will be connected.