International Baccalaureate Schools in Houston, Texas

LauraPow's picture
By LauraPow - Posted on
28 November 2017

Hi everyone, my husband has recently been offered a transfer to Houston, so it looks like we'll be heading there next year or 2019.

My kids are both in the International Baccalaureate curriculum now, and my eldest (15) has her heart set on studying in the UK. Ideally, we'd like to keep both of them in the international mindset, because we don't know how long we'll be stationed in Texas yet.

My question is, what are the best international schools in Houston? Are there any schools that offer the IB that don't charge tuition?

Thanks for the advice!
Laura

EmmaL's picture

Hi Laura

Read our guide on schools in Houston for a general overview of what to expect. There are many, many schools in Houston, and I'm sure with the right research, you'll find what you're looking for.

Magnet schools are state-funded, but have specialised curriculums. Your best bet will be to look for magnet schools in Houston. Where are you located at the moment? At what type of school do your children study?

Hope this helps,
LauraPow's picture

Hi Emma

Thanks for the advice, we'll definitely look at magnet schools. At the moment we're based in Amsterdam, so we're spoiled for choice when it comes to schools. My kids are at a normal international school.

We would also consider public schools if we know the school has an excellent reputation. Our priority is for my eldest daughter be eligible for international programs, especially in the UK, when she leaves school. What are the best high schools in Houston?

Laura

EmmaL's picture

Hi Laura

There are several very good schools in Houston. It'll probably be easier to decide on a school and a place to live at the same time, so have a look at our guide to areas and suburbs of Houston to give you an idea of what's popular.

How old are your other children? Will they be in different schools?

Read more posts about The USA