Internet access in Switzerland?

Smith's picture
By Smith - Posted on
27 February 2013
Hi guys,

Considering a move to Switzerland from the USA. Might seem like a silly question, but can anyone tell me if how easy it will be to set myself up on the internet once I get to Geneva ? Is it a strightforward process ? How long does it take ? Can anyone recommend any good internet service providers in Switzerland for me?

Also, how easy it to get hold of a copy of the New York Times while in Switzerland?

Cheers,

Smith

Candice's picture

Cape Town

Cape Town

Candice's Website
Hi Smith

You should not have any trouble setting up an internet connection on Switzerland. You can purchase a package from one of Switzerland's providers that includes your internet connection, mobile contract and digital television subscription. 

Some good internet providers are: Swisscom, Sunrise, UPC Cablecom, and Orange. 

Setting up your connection should not be a long process but there are plenty internet cafes to keep you connected in the meantime. 

For more detailed information about the internet and other forms of communication in Switzerland, have a look at our page on Keeping in touch in Switzerland. 

T
here is a large amount of English-language media available in Switzerland so you should be able to get hold of a copy of the New York Times. Otherwise, the other option is to have it delivered to you from the US which can be arranged on the New York Times website. 

I hope this has helped you.

Candice
Smith's picture

Thanks for the detailed answer Candice. Its really helped. :)
vroditi's picture

Hi Smith,

I personnaly worked for VTX Telecom in Switzerland. We have a full package Internet, Free international calls, TV (full of English channels. Flexible for expat's situation (free cancellation term)
Visit: www.vtx4u.com

Read more posts about Switzerland