Posted by footylad
on 29 Dec 2016
I am in the process of resigning and not working my full notice in KSA. HR tell me that I will get a 'runaway status' that bans me from all employment in the GCC. Is this true? I have been accepted in the UAE for a role and am a little worried it may fall through. Any help is greatly appreciated,
TY
Meagan on 6 Jan 2017
As far as I'm aware, the ban should only apply in Saudi Arabia, and not in other GCC countries. However, as this is quite a serious issue I'd recommend consulting your local UAE and/or Saudi Arabia embassies to double check the laws surrounding this.