is AED 38000 in Abu Dhabi a good salary per month?

I1983's picture
By I1983 - Posted on
28 October 2016

Dear All,

Hope you can help me...

I have been offered a position as financial analyst in Abu Dhabi divided as follows:
Remuneration Package (AED)
-Monthly Salary 25,000
-Accommodation Allowance 11,000
-Travel 1,500
-Phone 500

Total 38,000 plus medical insurance and 22 days off.

I am a single guy (7 years experience in the sector with an MBA), I would like to know if is a good salary and if I will have a chance to save (Target is to save AED 15000 per month), (I love good beach clubs/restaurants and golf). Also I would like to know if Is possible to rent a nice one/studio flat fully furnished with AED 60k per year.

Please let me know what do you think?

Anonymous

38000 AED is a great salary. I would be willing to work at 25k too !!! couple of things to keep in mind if you intend to save a lot.

1. cook your own food
2. do not be quick to settle in first of few homes you see, if you like something negotiate, if negotiation is not an option move to the next.
3. UAE is famous for its love for exotic vehicals and cheap gas. how you spend in this direction is upto you. I do not compromise when it comes to cars so its your call !!!

rest I think if you have a wife/girl friend who would live with you, you could share expenses which would further reduce your expenses and leave you with 20000 approx. per month.

Anonymous

Thank you for your reply.
1) i will cook my food!! not for saving but for taste!! here is xxxx!
2) I will live in Dubai, the rent is much cheaper and I have friend there budget 70k
3) for the car I will budget 50k
No girlfriend at the moment, so I will cover the expenses alone!

Read more posts about Abu Dhabi