Is this a good salary for Ireland?

sachin's picture
By sachin - Posted on
29 June 2016

I have been offered a package of 80,000 Euros + Insurance + Pension. Is this a good salary to consider?

It's great that I found this forum where I can get help on making the decision to move to Dublin with family. I am based out of India and moving to Dublin in a couple of months. It's a permanent move and therefore I would like advice on following items:

1. I would like to know how much my net take-home salary will be after tax?

2. Can I save on tax if I am the only earning member in the family?

Accommodation: Obviously the choice of accommodation will be primarily driven by the choice of school which I would like to be walking distance from home. Also, areas which are well connected to Dublin. 

1. I would be looking for a 2 bed (house or flat)? What is the approx. rent and how much extra for utilities/maintenance/internet etc. should be considered?

2. My office is in Mulhuddart, Dublin 15. Which areas are good options to stay nearby?

School: I've a 7 year old son and a 3.5 year old daughter

1. I know education is free, are there any more expenses associated?

2. When does the school session start? Son will be joining class 2 and daughter Nursery. Is there anything I need to know in particular? 

3. I may not buy a car immediately so would be dependent on Metro (DART). Will that suffice if we have to roam around in town to look for apartments etc?

Household expense: Approx how much one should consider this?

Dependent Visa: My wife will be on a dependent visa; can I apply for a work visa for her from India itself? She may choose to work or not in Dublin...is that possible or not?

At this time I can only think of these key questions but I am sure there will be more. Any response to these would be very helpful. Thanks.

Anonymous

€80k salary is very good salary, you will live well. Tax is up to 43%. Rent can be pricey in Dublin. Budget +-€1200

Anonymous

Thanks. Appreciate your response

Anonymous

I want similar details. I am planning to move to Ireland in the month of Dec. Sachin, did you move there already? Do you feel 80K is a good salary? Also if you were able to find answers to your questions above, please share your 2 cents with me as well :)

Many thanks!

Anonymous

No I haven't moved yet but soon will be. But as per my research it is a very good salary. Again, lot of things depend upon individual standard of living.

Read more posts about Ireland