Job offer to Poland from India

Nour Singh's picture
By Nour Singh - Posted on
13 October 2017

I have got an offer of 5000pln Gross (3500 net or take home) job offer and would like me in if I accept it for 3 month probation contract. I'm currently from India. The catch is for rent accommodation, the company wont do and there'll be no flight reimbursement. However, the offer looks good but is a well earned offer to live in Poland as a first timer who'll be traveling there for work and living oneself by?

EmmaL's picture

Hi Nour

It's always a good idea to do as much research about a company before you accept a position there. Are they assisting you with work permits and such?

Have a look at our guide on the cost of living in Poland. PLN 5000 is quite an average salary, and whether this will be worth it for you will depend very much on your lifestyle. What do you do?

Hope this helps,
Nour Singh's picture

It was recommended by my Polish colleague/friend at work since he works there. I work in IBM a here in India and he's in Hammersbach but on same project (State Street) for technical support. Hammersbach is an IT company that strives in customer support by providing support from on site support to network. I realize 5000PLN (3500 in hand as being told) is really average considering what I have been earning here and have 2 years plus 8 months experience under my belt.

I earn around 24,000 to 28,000 here, so it really doesn't make a difference with 3200 Zloty in Poland?

EmmaL's picture

Hi Nour

Whether you move to Poland will probably be a very personal decision. We have an article with some pros and cons of moving to Poland you can take a look at.

I'd advise that you talk to as many people as possible (perhaps ask your collegue to put you in contact with more people) so you can make an informed decision. Of course, you'll want to look at comparisons between India and Poland with cost of living and such. I recommend Numbeo - it also has a section on salaries and quality of life.

Hope this helps and good luck! 
Anonymous

Hi, if you have a good living standard in India, don't go to Poland. They are very racist and Winters are cold. I lived in India and Europe,....and other countries. If you need an IT Job go to New Zealand :-)

Read more posts about Poland