looking to move to Egypt

asmaa's picture
By asmaa - Posted on
31 July 2012
Right now I live in indianapolis & have been wanting to move to egypt but don't know what is needed for that. My question is is it possabile for any person to move to egypt & what all dose a person need & need to do to be able to live in egypt?
Catherine's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg, South Africa

Catherine's Website
Hi Asmaa, I suggest having a look at our Egypt expat guide for information on what you need to know about moving to and living in Egypt.
Dalal's picture

I suggest to think and look carefully about Egypt at the moment. The country is far from being stable, nobody knows what the future will bring. Every single person is looking for business and money. Working has another quality here.

Mido's picture

@Asmaa,
sorry, I'm asking about this strange sentence "
is is it possabile for any person to move to egypt"???!!!!!, why do you think it's hard to move to Egypt??!

@Dalal:
what do you mean???/ so that's mean no foreigner in Egypt ??!!!

so I'm asking my self about who I meet every day!!?!
I mean a lot and a lot of foreigner here in Cairo and all Egypt.

Anonymous

Yes, anybody can move to Egypt. Thats not the problem. I mean the political situation is difficult. With the new constitution nobody knows how life will be here. Thats the main problem: nobody knows about work, life for forgeigners, new laws etc. Sure there are foreigners, but also many people leave. I wish you good luck.

Anonymous

Fuck Americas Evil tho. They plan just too weak and everyone and the only thing the future holds is for the already rich people to have all the money and everyone else to just start off here. I would rather live in a state of poverty then be a part of this greedy community that's so full of laws that everything you do cost money and every time you break 1 of their 1,000,000 lies you get fined hundreds and hundreds of dollars just so the courts can become richer. When is anyone going to care about justice? I believe we will see justice Wayne Jesus returns.

Christopher Doff-Sotta's picture

in 2009 i served with the MFO in sharm el sheikh . as of late i have nothing on my mind but moving to egypt. i would live however down around sharm. i know that area quite well after serving there for a yr . and i have some friends who work for MFO . my question is . what the process for obtaining a work visa. i really dont think the probelms in egypt are down in the sinia. there mostly up around cairo ... however you never know .. i know several aussies living around sharm and they think it be a very good idea for me to come visit and go from there ..

chris

Read more posts about Egypt