Medical tests for getting work visa in Dubai

malikbilal85's picture
By malikbilal85 - Posted on
31 July 2012
Hi, I've received a job offer from an employer in Dubai as an IT professional and am thinking of relocating now. I got to know that after reaching Dubai, one has to go through a set of medical tests and if everything is ok, only then the work visa will be issued. I got to know from a couple of friends that Hepatitis-C results in work visa denial. I have Hep C and am currently under treatment (3 months done out of total 6). I checked the DHA website (Dubai Health Authority - dha.gov.ae) and it is mentioned that they check for syphilis, HIV, leprosy and TB. There is nothing mentioned for Hep C. Could someone please confirm if Hep C is still being tested in Dubai as part of medical fitness test? If yes, if somebody has already treated Hep C what will happen then? The screening test will always show positive Hep C, but detailed result will show that it is actually negative. Will the health authority check for advance tests? Looking forward to concrete replies since I will have to resign my current job and move to Dubai. I don't want to be in a situation where I quit my current job and then the work visa is also denied by Dubai govt based on Hep C. Thanks in advance!
Anonymous

hi iam nadira,i would like to know it is true foe residentse visa in dubai dont need cheack medical test for HPC,pls can i get correct answer.thanks Nadira

Your rating: None Average: 3.3 (3 votes)
Anonymous

salam malik bhai..i also facing the same problem..i have enquired last week about this in dubai medical centres..they told they wont check hep c..so no worries..plz mail me mansoorv@live.com

Your rating: None Average: 2.5 (2 votes)
cprahman's picture

salam malik bhai..me too face the same problem..i have enquired abt hep c in dubai...there s a glad news is we can work in dubai as well as in oman..there is no hep c test..plz contact me cprahman2000@yahoo.com

Your rating: None Average: 3.2 (5 votes)
Anonymous

hi friends what about Hep B? Can any body respond me abit the same. I am Hep B career stage...Still treatement is on....Pl help

Anonymous

i think hep b wil check..but donno abt professional visa..better u continue ur treatment,after u get cure,try for a job dear.

Anonymous

Is it so difficult to law in UAE about Medical TESTS. I have read all the forums but cannot find any clear answer about Hepa B.

jazeeljabbar's picture

Dear All,

All professions except Doctors,Nurses,Lab technicians, Others in medical fields, Cooks, Food Handlers, and others in the food industry, house maids, drivers of residents etc are tested for Hepatitis B and if positive are rejected. Hepatitis C is not tested in UAE at present. If you can provide me with your exact occupation i can provide you with more details

P.S : Jazeel Jabbar is a relocation's consultant specialized in providing relocation services(which includes Move Management, Immigration services, Home Search, Intercultural Training, City Orientation, Education Search and Registration, Pet Relocation, Insurance, Business Relocation) to individuals and corporate's moving to Dubai, UAE.
You can reach him at +971 55 505 8806 or at jazeel@pack2go.ae.

Your rating: None Average: 3.8 (8 votes)
Anonymous

Dear friend i am from india i got job offer from abudhabi and my employer applied visa before ramadab but till now i not get visa the told me that visa under process and visa approved by ministry of labour till i am waiting for visa plz help me and reply me

Anonymous

I've given an opportunity to work in a hotel, does this count for hepe b test? Hope u could help me, tnx.

Anonymous

please again confirm hep c positive cases are denial for job at uae or giving a residence visa.

Anonymous

Hello i got syphilis but am now completely cure but would still get a tpha positive result because of the antigens, can i still work in UAE?

Your rating: None Average: 4.3 (9 votes)
Anonymous

where we can track our visa status, that is good or fake.

jazeeljabbar's picture

It can be checked at the immigration office, if u need to check please send a mail to jazeel@pack2go.ae

Anonymous

i ahve pysoriasis skin problem , will be effect my work permit visa in dubai , pls confirm urgently

Anonymous

hi two years back i went to dubai for a job. During the medical test they rejected me because i was suffered by T.B. After that i took treatment now i am perfectly alright. Now i want to work in dubai. I want to know whether it is possible to go again to dubai now? Any problem is there in visa process? Pls reply.. Thanks in advance.

Your rating: None Average: 3.8 (6 votes)
Anonymous

Hi i recently got a job in Dubai with Metlife Insurance Allico in Sharjah as but when the company applied for my work visa it was rejected on grounds of some issues affecting Kenyans in Dubai. what could these issues be? i was in Dubai for one month but on a tourist visa and when i got the job i had to exit back home for my degree papers to get attested by the Kenyan government and also to wait for the company to process my work visa which was rejected . Kindly anyone with any info on what these issues facing Kenyans in the UAE the as UAE govt is claiming please assist

Hannie Muisyo's picture

Anonymous

hi i have got a job in a resort in abu dhabi. could someone help me how to get hold of a medical fitness certificate, wat al tests need to be done for that n wats d expense involved in the same

Vishal Kv's picture

i am from india on a visit visa to abu dhabi..i have received a job offer in a hotel out here. As a part of that I have to be submitting a medical fitness certificate. Could someone tell me how to proceed for the same, whats the expense involved for the same?

Anonymous

what is latest news r they test about HCV or no.

Anonymous

I have got the employment visa for a job in shipping in dubai... But I need to know as I have some work here to be completed and needs 45 days to complete it. So is visa valid for 45 days & how much time do I have for medical test for residence visa?

Anonymous

hai friends assalamu alikum varahmatllahi va barkatuhu.my name is abdul khadar i am from india (Ap).i want know how is the paramedical recruitment done in dubai hospitals and in abu dhabi hospitals.i completed a certificate course in anaesthesia technician course. and want to do job dubai or abudhabi.so iam requesting all of u to please kindly giv me the necessary information to be a employ in the hospitals of dubai or abudhabi please mail me at skbajan@yahoo.com & gmail.com

Anonymous

hi i have an apportunity to go to Dubai , i had syphilis before but now iam cured i was wondering if having had syphilis can prevent me from having my Visa and being rejected , i need an answer ASAP pleaase

Anonymous

tphapositive any problem in dubai viza

Anonymous

tphapositive any problem in dubai viza

Anonymous

hi
i have got a job in dubai as radiographer.
i am hept c positive . will the immigration in dubai let me go to work or will i be denied
please answer me

Anonymous

hi.iam MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST,doing job in private hospital.my screening test for hcv is positive but my HCV RNA TEST is not reactive.and i want to do job in dubai. will the immigration in dubai let me go to work in hospital or will i be denied?

Anonymous

Please confirm if dxb/uae immigration authorities exmaine blood test for Hep C ?

Anonymous

Hi I am suffering from hepatitis b an I have a employment visa also of Dubai Taxi so they will allow me to work me or not plz help

Your rating: None Average: 4.5 (2 votes)
Anonymous

I have hepatiti b am on tritmet for now and my visa is 2 month,am working as a chef can I come to dubai for my tritment before I got a job.

Read more posts about Dubai