Meeting other expat mums in Mumbai?

Charmaine's picture
By Charmaine - Posted on
17 January 2013
I am moving to Powai from the UK at the end of February as a trailing spouse (lovely phrase!) with husband and also son nine and daughter eight who will be attending the American School of Mumbai. I would love to hear about clubs and/or websites who would welcome an excited/ever so slightly nervous wife and mum.
Candice's picture

Cape Town

Cape Town

Candice's Website
Hi Charmaine

Powai is a popular area for expats and it will only be a matter of time before you meet people.

There are numerous Facebook and Twitter groups online that provide a platform for communication between expats in India. Perhaps have a browse of Facebook and see what you can find in your area.

Otherwise there is a group called Mumbai Connexions which some of our expats have found useful for meeting new people. You will also find that you meet many expat mums like yourself through your childrens' school. Have a read of some of our Expat experiences in India to see how other expats made new friends in India.

Other websites include the Mumbai Expats Networking Group on meetup.com and the Mumbai Expats Community on internations.org.

The best of luck with your move to India.

Charmaine's picture

Hi Candice.

Many thanks for your reply. I will look at all those links.

Best wishes
Charmaine

Menai Newbould's picture

Hi Charmaine, I'm from The UK and am also moving to Mumbai this spring with our 4 year old and a new baby-look forward to meeting up at Mumbai connexions etc!

Charmaine's picture

Hi Menai

It would be lovely to meet up. Hope all your plans are going well. The children and I are leaving at the end of February to join my husband who will have been there a month. Safe journey.

Best wishes
Charmaine

Anonymous

hi i am sri lankan new com. i am moving to mumbai powai.ples let me no how to i get nanny or helpr.thank .mary michael

sibi.surin's picture

HI MARY. I AM A NANNY HELPER LIVING IN BANDRA. I HAVE 30 YARS EXPERIENCE. THIS IS MY PHONE 9820845020 THANKS SIBI SURIN

Read more posts about India