Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Saudi Arabia
    Hi there I will most likely be moving to Riyadh with my husband in the next few months. I have heard about the difficulty of starting a business...
    1 | 2 hours 53 min
  • Hong Kong
    Hi! I'm having a short-term stay in Hong Kong. Can anyone suggest places to live? I am looking for serviced apartments in Hong Kong, pretty much with...
    Zero | 15 hours 43 min
  • South Africa
    is it easy to get inexpensive second-hand furniture in Cape Town? Where abouts?
    1 | 9 hours 20 min
  • Slovakia
    Hey everyone, I hope someone is familiar here with the barriers to entry I would have in relocating to Slovakia for a work opportunity from Canada....
    Zero | 1 day 3 hours
  • Italy
    We are about to complete on our property in Italy - mid September. Absolutely gutted over the referendum outcome and fearing we may have made the...
    Zero | 2 days 6 hours
  • the United Kingdom
    Hello, I am an Australian with a duel passport (Italy) and I have had a planned move to the uk for the past year, and I leave in a mere 3 weeks, with...
    1 | 9 hours 7 min
  • Czech Republic
    Let me start with the Czech way - Ahoj! I will be moving to Prague next month for work and need an apartment for myself and my wife. Have done my...
    Zero | 2 days 23 hours
  • Jamaica
    I am due to retire at the end of the year, and want to move to Jamaica, as I will be receiving my government pension, will I be able to have it paid...
    Zero | 3 days 4 hours
  • Singapore
    Hi, we're just trying to find out whether a move to Singapore would work for us and would love to hear personal experience and advice. We have had...
    Zero | 3 days 9 hours
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi, I'm French and got offered my dream job in London last week and I am due to start at the beginning of July. How does the UK's referendum...
    Zero | 3 days 11 hours
  • Singapore
    Thinking of moving to Singapore - check out some of our readers comments on the best and worst aspects of Singapore, impartial and unedited! If you...
    Zero | 4 days 5 hours
  • South Africa
    Hey there, I moved in Cape Town in 2005 for an internship and fell in love with the place. I moved here the next year and have been living in SA on...
    1 | 3 days 11 hours
  • Delhi
    Residential relocation from one city to another can be one of the most challenging and wearisome affairs of your life. It can be a mammoth goal. You...
    Zero | 4 days 10 hours
  • Bahrain
    my family in Ireland are stressing about me moving to Bahrain to work as senior bartender there. I currently live in London I hope it will be a...
    Zero | 4 days 22 hours
  • Dubai
    So, on popular request we have asked some of our local experts about the best and worst aspects of living in Dubai. Please add to this discussion! Q...
    Zero | 5 days 2 hours
  • Dubai
    Hi, we get loads of questions about the best areas and suburbs for expats to live in within Dubai, so we're starting this thread with a few...
    Zero | 5 days 2 hours
  • Melbourne
    Hi We desperately need help to find 1. Schools near to the University of Melbourne for our 4 year old (preferably Montessori) 2. Housing agent to...
    Zero | 5 days 20 hours
  • Shanghai
    What are the shoe sizes here in China? They do not have anything like size 9 or size 10 in the U.S. For the same pair of shoes, they may call it 25...
    1 | 5 days 11 hours
  • Valencia
    Hi Please may I ask for some advice? I have always wanted to live abroad, mainly to absorb another culture and learn another language. I am a...
    3 | 4 days 10 hours
  • Barcelona
    Hi! I am moving to Barcelona with my two daughters in a few weeks. My youngest will be 8 upon arrival and she wants to sign up for soccer in the fall...
    Zero | 6 days 17 hours

Read more posts about