Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Hong Kong
    Hi. My husband & I - no pets & no children (latter grown up!) are moving to HK early in the New Year. Husband will be away a fair amount so...
    Zero | 1 week 2 days
  • Malaysia
    Hi, I will be moving to Malaysia soon and work out of Petaling Jaya. What would be the rental for a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment?...
    Zero | 1 week 2 days
  • Australia
    Can a Canadian National over 61 yrs live in Australia on permanent res visa?
    Zero | 1 week 2 days
  • Dublin
    I am currently considering moving to Dublin for a job in communications (I have been approached by a recruiter) and am wondering how much a job would...
    1 | 1 week 3 days
  • China
    Hello, i have few question and hope you can help me. My fiancee received an offer in Shanghai and we are moving by the beginning of February 2017. I...
    Zero | 1 week 4 days
  • the United Kingdom
    I am writing on behalf of my Aunt & Uncle who are both in their 80s. They have been living in Florida for the past 30 years but both of them...
    2 | 4 days 2 hours
  • Dubai
    Good afternoon. I might have the chance of moving to Dubai with my wife and daughter. In case it´s relevant for the question I´m asking,...
    Zero | 1 week 5 days
  • Shanghai
    Hi There, I will be interning in Shanghai, China for a period of 6 months from Feb 2017 and seeking shared apartment for the duration of my stay. I...
    1 | 1 week 5 days
  • Shanghai
    Hi, I was applying for some internship in Shanghai and the company told me that they offer 4000 rmb a month after tax, that amount will last for 6...
    1 | 1 week 5 days
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi Guys I'm in need of a bit of advise, my Fiance is Malaysian and she is looking to move across next year for a few years while we build a house...
    3 | 1 week 5 days
  • Malaysia
    Hi Guys In a few years time I'm looking to move to Sarawak with my wife who comes from that part of Malaysia. I have read that they require you...
    1 | 2 weeks 2 days
  • South Africa
    Does anyone have a current timeline for the time it takes to get a Permanent residence permit? My husband applied in December 2015 and the consulate...
    1 | 2 weeks 2 days
  • Taiwan
    Hi, I am getting a offer from software company from taiwan. but I am hepatitis B carrier can I clear medical test for work visa and ARC.do they check...
    1 | 2 weeks 3 days
  • Malaysia
    I work as an expat teaching staff for an international school in Malaysia. I wish to change my work place to another Intl school in Malaysia. How can...
    3 | 1 week 4 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    Hello everyone. I am currently living in Dubai. I know that there are a lot of tourist destination here. Like the Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Dubai...
    1 | 1 week 5 days
  • the Netherlands
    We are a family of three looking to move from the U.S. to Europe, but are having trouble deciding on a specific place. If it helps, here is some more...
    Zero | 2 weeks 5 days
  • New Zealand
    i am an indian citizen working in dubai as a physiotherapist.i would like to become a PR in new zealand,live and work status. i want to move my...
    Zero | 2 weeks 6 days
  • Valencia
    Hi, My husband and I are planning a move to Valencia mid-2017. We know the city well, I have a good grasp of Spanish while my husband is learning. I...
    Zero | 2 weeks 6 days
  • South Africa
    Hi, I will be living in Cape Town for three months from February through May 2017 with my 8-year-old son. We are moving from the United States. I...
    4 | 1 week 5 days
  • Sweden
    I am planning on moving to the Stockholm area to pursue a PhD. I have an 8 year old child, and I would like to know where she would be eligible to...
    Zero | 3 weeks 20 hours

Read more posts about