Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • South Africa
    Hey there, I moved in Cape Town in 2005 for an internship and fell in love with the place. I moved here the next year and have been living in SA on...
    1 | 6 days 1 hour
  • Bahrain
    my family in Ireland are stressing about me moving to Bahrain to work as senior bartender there. I currently live in London I hope it will be a...
    Zero | 1 week 12 hours
  • Dubai
    So, on popular request we have asked some of our local experts about the best and worst aspects of living in Dubai. Please add to this discussion! Q...
    Zero | 1 week 16 hours
  • Dubai
    Hi, we get loads of questions about the best areas and suburbs for expats to live in within Dubai, so we're starting this thread with a few...
    Zero | 1 week 16 hours
  • Melbourne
    Hi We desperately need help to find 1. Schools near to the University of Melbourne for our 4 year old (preferably Montessori) 2. Housing agent to...
    Zero | 1 week 1 day
  • Shanghai
    What are the shoe sizes here in China? They do not have anything like size 9 or size 10 in the U.S. For the same pair of shoes, they may call it 25...
    1 | 1 week 1 day
  • Valencia
    Hi Please may I ask for some advice? I have always wanted to live abroad, mainly to absorb another culture and learn another language. I am a...
    3 | 1 week 1 hour
  • Barcelona
    Hi! I am moving to Barcelona with my two daughters in a few weeks. My youngest will be 8 upon arrival and she wants to sign up for soccer in the fall...
    Zero | 1 week 2 days
  • Berlin
    My husband and I are moving to Berlin and, since the process to get any type of Visa takes time, how can we get set up to still receive mail? We'll...
    Zero | 1 week 2 days
  • South Africa
    We have 3 children - 2 in grade 1 and 1 about to enter pre-school. Does anyone have any suggestions of good private, public or international schools...
    Zero | 1 week 5 days
  • Malaysia
    Hi, I have migrated to Malaysia six month ago as Packing Helper (unskilled worker) for a electronics company on three years contract basic monthly...
    Zero | 1 week 5 days
  • Lagos
    Please inform whether Indian TV channels are visible in Lagos. If so which is the service provider and whether Indian Bengali channel are visible.
    Zero | 1 week 6 days
  • South Korea
    I got offered a job in south korea that's not professional and its not teaching so I was wondering what kind of visa should I obtain that will allow...
    Zero | 2 weeks 12 hours
  • Oman
    Hi, we are an Indian couple moving to Muscat, as my husband has got a good offer from a MNC. We have a 6 month old daughter. can you please suggest...
    Zero | 2 weeks 16 hours
  • Dublin
    Has anybody attended DIT or another school? I'm looking into getting my masters in information systems/data analysis. In the US I would have to...
    Zero | 2 weeks 1 day
  • Ireland
    Hi. can I apply directly to Irish companies or to American companies with divisions in Ireland?
    2 | 2 weeks 19 hours
  • Oslo
    Hi, We are planning to move to Oslo and wondering about schooling for my 4 yr old daughter. Our intention is to be in Oslo for 3-4 years. I need to...
    1 | 2 weeks 1 day
  • Oman
    Hello I have a four year old twin girls want to know How do I register to enroll girls in American schools Oman
    1 | 2 weeks 2 days
  • Saudi Arabia
    I am interested in working in Saudi and I have applied to Saudi Aramco several times, I haven't been successful at present but I am going to keep...
    4 | 2 weeks 2 days
  • the USA
    Hi, I am looking at re- locating from Dubai to Miami this summer with my boyfriend. His company is transferring him but I need to know how I can go...
    1 | 2 weeks 2 days

Read more posts about