Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • South Africa
    Hallo all, i am certain RAK Bank made a case against me in the UAE. I want to work in Saudi Arabia will it be a problem as Saudi is part of the GCC...
    Zero | 1 week 14 hours
  • Denmark
    Hi! I've been offered a job in Copenhagen with a salary of 30 000 DKK gross (approx. 19 000 DKK net). It's notably less than I asked for and...
    3 | 1 week 15 hours
  • Ireland
    Hi, Need advice. I have received a job offer in Dublin, Ireland. The employers are offering me 80k eur, but the role is on a 12 months contract. I...
    1 | 1 week 17 hours
  • Oman
    I was over in Oman for two months and the taxi drivers were so bad I could hardly get anywhere, I recently read in the news they will be metered and...
    1 | 1 week 18 hours
  • Munich
    I'm travelling to Munich for 6 weeks and have a 5 & 1 year old. Does anyone have any hints on where to look for accomodation? I need...
    1 | 1 week 18 hours
  • South Korea
    What kind of visa will I need to enter Korea and work, even if its menial job? Or can someone help me with the visa process ? I will pay all charges...
    2 | 4 days 17 hours
  • Australia
    Dear folks I am in a situation where I need advice of experienced people here. I was awarded skilled migrant PR visa subclass 175 back in Dec 2013. I...
    Zero | 1 week 3 days
  • Argentina
    Hi, I just saw an article on education in Argentina and it stated that homeschooling was NOT an option! I'm a bit confused since I came across...
    2 | 1 week 1 day
  • Montreal
    Can someone tell me if there are salary controls (on pay rises for example) on expats working in the private sector in Montreal?
    Zero | 1 week 4 days
  • Riyadh
    Hi, Can anyone tell me the cost of a working permit/visa for Saudi Arabia? Is there any documentation on the internet or does anyone have anything...
    1 | 1 week 4 days
  • Johannesburg
    Hi, I will be moving to Johannesburg in November 2016. I am currently staying in Tel Aviv , Israel, and planning to post (by sea) our personal...
    1 | 1 week 4 days
  • Shanghai
    Do you know local/ public elementary school around Yangpu or Hongkou which can accept foreigner student? pls provide school name & contact...
    1 | 1 week 4 days
  • Portugal
    My husband and I are both UK passport holders residing in the U.S. with a green card. We want to retire to Portugal in May 2018. How do we apply for...
    1 | 1 week 5 days
  • Spain
    Hi, My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Spain to retire and to that end are becoming increasingly fluent in the language. We have...
    1 | 1 week 3 days
  • Lagos
    I am having job offer for Lagosindustries.Is it safe to move to Lagos?
    1 | 2 weeks 18 hours
  • Fiji
    Best place to buy a car in good condition, for a reasonable price in Fiji? 5/7 seater
    Zero | 2 weeks 2 days
  • Fiji
    I would like to know if ex pats from Australia can access public hospitals or a pirvate doctor at his rooms when necessary, and if so what are the...
    1 | 2 weeks 18 hours
  • Fiji
    Hi I am from UK and might be moving to Fiji shortly and would like to know if it is possible for my wife to work ? She has worked as a teachers...
    2 | 2 weeks 6 hours
  • South Korea
    Hi I am a fresh graduate of computer science with some professional certificates in Telecommunication engineering. I have a relative in South Korea...
    Zero | 2 weeks 3 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hello all, I arrive in Abu Dhabi late September for a new job and I am hoping from the research done so far that Al Reem Island will become my new...
    1 | 1 week 5 days

Read more posts about