Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Shanghai
    I have been working in Shanghai\Pudong China for almost 3 years (arrived 5-2014), this October I will reach the age of 60, which from what I...
    1 | 42 weeks 1 day
  • Cyprus
    Hi all, thinking of moving to cyprus and working, im 51 year old male, good health. I will be travelling alone....new start new life. My experience...
    3 | 12 weeks 1 day
  • Rome
    I am a retired American looking to live in Italy for up to a year. I've already figured out the "visa" requirements and have been...
    1 | 40 weeks 21 hours
  • United Arab Emirates
    Do schools in the UAE hire Singapore trained teachers to teach elementary math in the UAE? Could anyone advise? Thanks
    Zero | 43 weeks 5 days
  • New York City
    Is the teaching cert from Singapore recognised in New York City? I have been teaching Singapore Math for 16 years and I am keen to relocate to teach...
    Zero | 43 weeks 5 days
  • Dublin
    We are two nurses that will be moving to Ireland in March, going to work at Beaumont. What are some good areas to live within commute distance of...
    2 | 43 weeks 4 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hi Guys. Need your advice on something that has been bothering me for last few days. I completed my first 15 days in Abu Dhabi today. I am from...
    2 | 43 weeks 3 days
  • Costa del Sol
    I am a single senior woman wanting to move from US to Costa del Sol in a few months. I have visited in the past and I think I would like to move to...
    1 | 43 weeks 4 days
  • Dubai
    Hi, I'm in need of a root canal urgently. Can someone suggest a good dental clinic near Dubai, that provides root canal services and is known for its...
    2 | 27 weeks 2 days
  • Hong Kong
    Please, does anyone know where one can buy fittings for desk lamps and standard lamps in Hong Kong? I am looking for switched lampholders (the brass/...
    1 | 42 weeks 1 day
  • Ghana
    Hello, What are the positives/ negatives of the top international schools - Ghana International Lincoln Community British International American...
    2 | 44 weeks 3 days
  • India
    My elder brother and I are relocating from foreign country to India (Bangalore) soon. I want to get my nephew admitted to a good school in Bangalore...
    Zero | 44 weeks 3 days
  • Ho Chi Minh City
    hello all. moving from another locale in asia, but wish to source storage areas to preship some big boxes so i can find decent accommodations within...
    Zero | 44 weeks 5 days
  • Qatar
    Hi i'm jagan i have doubt about getting electric-tech visa for qatar,actually i'm from india(south),apparently no one's offering me clear...
    4 | 35 weeks 1 day
  • Dubai
    Hi I am looking to relocate to Dubai and looking at Nursery Management as this is where my experience. I have lived in Dubai before but was under my...
    1 | 43 weeks 1 day
  • Malaysia
    I AM coming to malaysia on visit visa before that i applied for DP 10visa application is under process.. Employer is asking me to come in visit visa...
    4 | 32 weeks 2 days
  • Ireland
    I am a 57 year old American. Born in NY but currently living in Florida. I have decided to relocate and looking to move to an English speaking...
    3 | 44 weeks 4 days
  • Jakarta
    Hi, my wife and I are thinking of accepting a job offer in Jakarta, The package includes 60 million for housing allowance. We are not sure if this is...
    3 | 29 weeks 1 hour
  • Florence
    Could some one who lives in Florence have a look at this and confirm if the prices given for Florence are accurate, please. https://www.numbeo.com/...
    1 | 44 weeks 3 days
  • Johannesburg
    Hi, I have an offer from an IT company based in Johannesburg, to relocate to Johannesburg. I am being offered a salary of R56K before tax + fully...
    8 | 42 weeks 5 days

Read more posts about