Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Japan
    Hi I am from the United Kingdom, I work offshore and am soon being sent on rotation to Saudi Arabia. I have visited Japan and now being 28 x 28...
    3 | 4 weeks 6 days
  • Tunisia
    I am moving to Tunisia in September 2016 with 4 of my children. The two youngest will go to the British International School but I have a problem...
    1 | 6 weeks 2 days
  • Dubai
    Hi dear expats. Actually we are living in Abu Dhabi since many years but we're planning to move to Dubai because of our work. The work location...
    3 | 5 weeks 6 days
  • Romania
    Please provide me trusted agency dealing with visa, marriage etc in Romania (non-EU nationality).
    2 | 1 week 4 hours
  • Romania
    Hi, I am an American citizen and moving to Romania for my new job. I spoke with someone in the Romanian Embassy in the U.S. yesterday about work...
    1 | 6 weeks 6 days
  • the Netherlands
    Hello all, Could you please if you have time, confirm that this online tax calculator works correctly - that is to say, is accurate. http://thetax.nl...
    Zero | 7 weeks 2 hours
  • New Zealand
    I'm from the Philippines and currently employed in Kuwait. I applied for jobs in New Zealand but most need NZ residency or work visa. So, my...
    Zero | 7 weeks 3 hours
  • Perth
    Hi, Looking to buy some very thinly sliced pork belly and beef. Where can I find this in Perth? The ones sold in Asian shops are all frozen and...
    Zero | 7 weeks 3 hours
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi there, I've been planning a move to the UK for quite a while and I finally have a job sorted and I'm looking to move to London in...
    1 | 7 weeks 34 min
  • Berlin
    Hi there, I'm an artist moving to Berlin for inspiration. I want to know which areas I should look for accommodation in. I'm in my 20s and...
    2 | 5 weeks 6 days
  • Canada
    I am Alfred, currently residing in Toronto. I am getting married soon. But I am not a Canadian citizen. I just need to know, is there any legal...
    1 | 6 weeks 3 days
  • Malta
    We are looking to move to Malta with a 7 year old boy. We plan to rent a property at first. My husband wants to work. He currently works for a local...
    Zero | 7 weeks 21 hours
  • Dubai
    Hi! I am a 29 year old Indian girl and I have recently gotten an offer from an Educational Institute. They are offering me 4000 AED with no...
    6 | 6 days 10 hours
  • Australia
    MY wife is 8 months pregnant, and suddenly my business trip has been fixed. Her due date is in August, so I will be taking her with me.Since baby...
    1 | 7 weeks 1 day
  • Dubai
    I'm offered a secretarial position with 15000 AED salary, which equals 4000$. I'm offered medical insurance and housing. Is this salary...
    6 | 4 weeks 4 days
  • Ho Chi Minh City
    I am moving to HCM in late July. I am looking for a D1 apartment complex with a pool and preferably a steam room too. Any suggestions on buildings to...
    1 | 7 weeks 2 days
  • France
    Hi, I am on short term 60 days work permit to France, can I get a long term 1 year work permit while I am already here on short term work permit?
    1 | 7 weeks 9 hours
  • Ireland
    I have been offered a package of 80,000 Euros + Insurance + Pension. Is this a good salary to consider? It's great that I found this forum where...
    2 | 2 weeks 3 days
  • Dubai
    I will be applying for a working visa (residence). Do you have any recommendation about health insurance? Any recommendations about accommodation?...
    2 | 2 weeks 1 day
  • Shanghai
    Hi there, I am now working in Hong Kong for a Swiss company but I am also required to travel often to Shanghai and work at the office in Shanghai....
    Zero | 8 weeks 1 day

Read more posts about