Hello, I will move to norway mid october. I will of course need to ship my personal belongings. Can I ship my personal goods free of duties/taxes etc? I would like to know if I will need to provide an ID norwegian number in order to deliver my goods. I know that the ID number is required for job, tax, bank account. But will I need to have this number in order to get my stuff delivered? Is the ID number required by the move company for custom clearance? Or will the move company be able to deliver my stuff even if I will not have the ID number yet? Thanks very much for your support!
Anonymous (not verified) on 23 Sep 2015
You can use either the Norwegian number, or you can use your current National Security Number. You can then import your goods and declare your Norwegian number to the customs office once you receive it. Either way, you do require one of these to clear customs.
Anonymous (not verified) on 25 Sep 2015
Thank you. How long will it take for me to get such security number? Is it a fast thing or will it take months? Thanks again!
Chiara2015 on 23 Sep 2015
Hi! Thank you so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it. The thing is that I am dealing with a move company and they say they can pickup my stuff but they will not be able to deliver until I have such number. I suppose they are not telling the truth and that they are just kidding me for some reason. Probably they are not able to deliver within the promised time. Hence now that I read your comment, I will probably use another more reliable company for that.
Anonymous (not verified) on 22 Sep 2015
Hi, Your goods will be delivered withouth your Fødselsnumer, as well the things moved by the company. For everything else - bank, health, and so on you will need the number. You should registrate first thing after arriving. Good luck! we absolutly loved Norway :-)