Moving to Canada and job market, please help.

Galia's picture
By Galia - Posted on
06 January 2016

Hi dear local experts,

My husband and I are planning to move to Canada. We both work in advertising and Marketing (He is a copywriter and I am a digital specialist). Looking at the jobs there from jobbank, I saw most of them were electrician or oil and gas industry.

if you are an employer or know someone that is willing to employ expats in above fields, I'd be super happy to share with you our portfolios.

Apart from advertising and marketing, i love working in forest and with animals, so I am open to these opportunity too. and My husband is open to any police / sheriff / this type of jobs.

(I am hoping i am placing this in the right forum lol otherwise by now you are having a laugh)

My husband and I, both have more than 11 years of experience. I am 31 and he is 36.

I am also open to volunteering opportunities as long as life basics are provided (place to live, travel fee, etc.. ) I have 3 dogs, and they will be coming with us to Canada.

p.s: Sorry, new to forums (i rarely use them), i think i put my life story here. lol

Galia

Anonymous

It depends where you plan to move, Toronto is the centre for that type of work. Calgary is struggling with depressed resource prices. Vancouver is great yet can be very challenging for work other than hospitality, film and hi-tech.

Police work, lots of qualifid competition for those roles, more likely to get a job in private security.

Good luck, Canada is worth the investment.

Your rating: None Average: 4.5 (2 votes)
Anonymous

Hi Gala hope you have worked out what you nned we are also planning on moving to Canada too and similar questions to yours. Please could you advise how it worked for you or if able for more private chat my email address is kara.andrews@mail.com

Kara

Anonymous

Hi Gailia,

If you have a confirmed immigration number, you are eligible for free Canadian employment coaching services at Preparing to Work in Canada. www.prepcan.ca They can help you set up a job search plan.

Read more posts about Canada