Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Abu Dhabi
    I need to renew my residence permit and am Hep B positive, I've read conflicting reports on whether they test you for this still, and whether if...
    3 | 5 years 43 weeks
  • Angola
    Hi- My husband and I have just had an offer with Shell to move to Angola for a 2-year contract. It looks to be pretty gloomy place and as much as I...
    2 | 2 years 47 weeks
  • Japan
    I'm supposed to start Teaching English in Tokyo next month and have been getting increasingly FREAKED out given the MASSIVE earthquakes that keep...
    Zero | 6 years 40 weeks
  • Moscow
    Hi - does anyone have good/bad recommendations on buying individual health insurance in Russia that covers the European medical centers/other...
    1 | 3 years 7 weeks
  • Johannesburg
    Thinking of moving to South Africa, but worried about the safety situation in Johannesburg as I will be moving with my partner. I hear the safety in...
    43 | 3 years 4 weeks
  • Sydney
    I am planning a move to Sydney and want to find out about renting an apartment there. I will be staying with a distant relation for the first couple...
    4 | 4 years 34 weeks
  • Nigeria
    Hello, my wife has been offered a job in Lagos, Nigeria and is trying to encourage me to go with him, plus our two children! I am not sure if I am...
    4 | 5 years 4 weeks
  • I have a job opportunity in Bahrain but as you can imagine I am a bit concerned due to the recent reports of violence there. If there is anyone...
    Zero | 6 years 46 weeks
  • Cape Town
    We are moving to Cape Town in March and would like advise on the best international schools in Cape Town. We want to keep the children in the English...
    2 | 6 years 40 weeks
  • Cape Town
    Hi. I'm thinking about moving in to the inner City. The places I'm looking at all have great security in the building, but some don't have...
    2 | 6 years 6 weeks
  • Jeddah
    Hi. I worked in Saudi Arabia in 1998-1999. Back then I remember that women were not allowed to work (publicly), nor drive etc.   Besides the...
    1 | 6 years 40 weeks

Read more posts about