Moving to Jeddah with children - Any suggestions for schools in the city?

Sally's picture
By Sally - Posted on
13 March 2012
We are moving to Jeddah with our two children (aged 7 and 9) and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good English international school in the city?
GlobalNomad's picture

Being a popular expat destination, there are an assortment of international schools in Jeddah - these offer a variety of different language based curricula. The British International School of Jeddah and the American International School are popular choices for expats. For a list of more international schools in Jeddah, check out our Education and Schools in Jeddah page.

Good luck with your decision on a school - my advice is to do as much research as possible, speak to other expats and plan well ahead of time, as school placements are in demand, and you wouldn't want to be dissapointed in not being able to send your child to the school of your  first choice.
Your rating: None Average: 3.8 (4 votes)
DavidWright's picture

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

the United Kingdom

David's Website
Hi There are 2 main British Schools in Jeddah, Jeddah Prep and British International School of Jeddah ( known as Conti), they are both good schools and oversubscribed but they do have a policy to always make places available to There is also a new school called Jeddah Knowledge School (JKS) which is building a good reputation David
Anonymous

Dar Jana Int'l School - or Thamer int'l School!

Your rating: None Average: 3.7 (7 votes)
Anonymous

My kids were exactly that age when we moved to Jeddah. They went to Conti school which is a full British Curriculum and modelled school serving kids from kindergarden all the way through to the International Baccalaureate. It is an outstanding community school and was one of the best things about life in Jeddah.

Anonymous

My children are 12 and 16 boy and girl. Can you suggest a good school for them? Also do the children wear uniforms there, as I heard that all schools there are private schools, are the school similar to America's traditional schools? will they be year around or out in the summer months? Also can some one tell me if any of the compounds in Jeddah has american football? My 12 year old is just starting his football crave and absolutely loves football.....he has played baseball as well but prefers football.

Anonymous

I am British and have been offered a Finance Director role in Jeddah. Base salary $120K, $60K Housing, $60K Education, Travel, pension, transportation etc. Medical is separate. On top of this a $60K annual bonus which equates to 50% of my base. Is this good salary for a family of 4? Someone said that there is no bonus element in KSA and my bonus should be added to the base...can someone advise pls?

Your rating: None Average: 3.7 (3 votes)
Anonymous

Hi i have three kids and we r planning to move jeddah i want to know about good schools and jeddah life is there any good british schools there for 9 and 7 year old kids

Anonymous

Hey guys! I don't know what preferences you guys have in choosing the right school for your children but I'll name a few of them that are quite well-known. Please remember that although these schools have a good recognition, there is no guarantee that they have a good education system.
Most schools in Jeddah have issues of different kinds.

1.American International School of Jeddah (AISJ)

2.British International School of Jeddah (BISJ) or Continental School

3.Bangladesh International School Jeddah (BISJ)

4.Coral International School Jeddah

5.Hala International School Jeddah

6.International Indian School Jeddah (IISJ)

7.Jeddah International School (JIS)

8.Pakistan International School Jeddah (PISJ) - British Curriculum

9.Pakistan International School Jeddah (PISJ) - Federal Board

10.Thamer International School

11.Al-Wadi International School Jeddah

12.Al-Waha International School Jeddah

There are many more, old and new ones.

Be very careful in selecting the best school of your children. Best of luck Sally and the other anonymous people.

Anonymous

the childrens garden school is an American diploma school with an American director this year

Latheef Shan's picture
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago

Dear all
We are the one of the real estate marketing company in jeddah saudi arabia , we may provide you free consultancy about the housing in jeddah
you may call for more information
0502625252
thanks in advance

Anonymous

Hi I am currently shifted from dubai to Jeddah here I am surprised that no body guide u which school good n best faculty all that my daughter is 5 yrs old n now it's mid of session currently I put her in al corniche international school plz do guide me which school is good I am very much worried about my child

Anonymous

Please DON'T Send Your Children To Coral International School! It Is NOT A Good School!

Anonymous

jeddah knoldge is the best school i mean its int l the the staff arent saudi few of them but its great its bhiend iceland

Anonymous

i am new to jeddah and interested in BISJ for my 5 ear kid but cannot afford compound housing ....can anyone tell me are there any homes on rent with 2 kitchens since my father inlaw also works there.

Anonymous

al wurood school .... the worst school in jeddah. no teachers,no labs, no no no pleasel

Anonymous

go any where except city school

Anonymous

I am moving to jeddah in a few weeks, and plan to admit my chidre - 11years, 9 and 7 to Al wadi international school. Can anyone share more info of the school pls.. Am looking at both academic n islamic teachings for my kids. Pls advice.

Anonymous

Coral international school is the worst school ever! I am a 9th grade student there, and the teachers are rude and abusive.Why hasn't the minstery of education shut down the school yet?!

Your rating: None Average: 2.3 (3 votes)
Anonymous

Coral is a good school but the problem is the building

Anonymous

It depend on what r u looking for especially tuition wise not all people can pay a very high tuition

Anonymous

Dear all
I suggest to call to Foreign Education Dept who can help you regarding International schools in Jeddah:
026444305
Ext 145

Anonymous

Avoid Alwaha intenational school , bad school

Anonymous

My son is giong to school next semester I wad thinknig manarat jeddah any other suggestions

Anonymous

I've been in Jeddah for 12 years now best schools for foreigners
Are jeddah prep and conti they both follow the British curriculum
Don't go to international schools they are horrible sadly choices
Are really limited

Anonymous

Hi, I am desperately looking for a school for my son. As the best schools like Jeddah Prep, Conti and American school are closed for further applications, does anyone know of someone home-schooling and any special school groups for expat kids. There really are no other good options for western/non muslim children. Anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

I heard thamer is the best for international

Anonymous

How is Al-Faisaliyah district, in North Jeddah. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia please let me know

Anonymous

Im booking my son in thamer international school, it seems like the best choice besides the prep, continental and american school that are over my budget. How are the kids like? Does the school have good English fluent teachers?

Anonymous

zack's picture

Thamer seems to be the best for expats as for international school based on my research. How is it like for expats?

Your rating: None Average: 4.3 (4 votes)

Read more posts about Saudi Arabia