Question about short term work assignment and school for my daughter in Frankfurt

tingut's picture
By tingut - Posted on

Hello, I am more than likely going to be assigned to Franfurt for a 6 month work assignment in September. I plan on my wife and 5 year old daughter to accompany me. What is the best option as far as school/education for my daughter as an English speaker only? She would be starting kindergarten in September here in the USA, I'm not sure what the equivalent is in Germany. Budget is a concern but not a blocker. Please help!

Brett Martindale's picture
Last seen: 5 days 4 hours ago

Hi tingut,

Well, I think your best option might be to check out some of the international schools. On the International Schools in Frankfurt page, there is a list you can start off with that shows the various age groups on offer. These options may be a bit more expensive but they will more than likely operate as English-speaking institutions, depending on your choice of course.

Check out the link above to get started. There are a number of schooling options in Frankfurt so it may take a bit of time! When are you planning on going? The schools may have long waiting lists so it would be best to get started as soon as possible.

Hope this helps a little!

B

Read more posts about Germany