Real Estate Agent contacts in Hong Kong

Philno45's picture
By Philno45 - Posted on

Hello,
I recently accepted a job offer in Hong Kong that is located in Shatin, New Territories. I am visiting Hong Kong in a few weeks and will permanently be moving here in about 3 months. I was hoping to connect with any real estate agents who are English speaking and can help me look for apartments to rent? I sent a few emails to Squarefoot and Gohome.com to connect with agents, but have not heard back yet. If anyone has contact information on local agents that work with Expats, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

EmmaL's picture
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago

Hi Philno45

There are many websites and agents who can help you find an apartment, and it's always a good idea to start looking as soon as possible. Have a read of our page on renting property in Hong Kong for a start.

Hongkonghomes is a good site to see what's available and familiarise yourself with the different agencies. It's probably best to look for places that interest you and get in touch with an agent by enquiring through web portals like Savill's, Spacious or even Craig's List. Is there a specific area where you want to live in the New Territories besides Sha Tin?

Philno45's picture
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for the information Emma! I'll definitely take a look at the web portals that you've recommended. I'm looking in Taipo and Ma On Shan in the New Territories area. I was told it's probably better to call the agencies once I arrive in Hong Kong, and also knowing a local person who can speak Cantonese when searching for an apartment would be very helpful. Anyway, thanks again for the recommendation!

Phil

Read more posts about Hong Kong