Posted by trevor pett
on 20 Dec 2016
hi iam trying to buy a new car from a main dealer i have paid in full for the vehicle but they say they cant register it because of the huceinda i have asked them to explain but they just keep saying the high hucienda we have a padron and are also fully registered in the province can anyone help
thanks
trevor
Meagan on 3 Jan 2017

I'm not sure what you mean by 'hucienda' - do you perhaps mean 'hacienda', as in estate? Might the dealership be requesting house deeds or proof of rental of a house or apartment? It may be useful to bring along a Spanish friend or a hired translator to the dealership, as it could be possible that something is getting lost in translation. You may also find this article on buying a car in Spain helpful.

mav1 on 31 Mar 2018
I just needed to show them my NIE form and they did all the transfer details for me included in the price. If you buy privately it's a bit more complicated