Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Argentina
    I am three months away from my dream move to Argentina... I am very excited, but need to start drawing up a budget for myself. How much should I...
    2 | 5 years 2 weeks
  • Angola
    Hi Everyone! I'm looking for information about the cost of living in Angola.  I've heard it's a ridiculously expensive place to live!  Is...
    2 | 5 years 32 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    Is Abu Dhabi a safe place? I want to relocate there with my family, and just want to know if I need to worry about crime.   Thanks.
    2 | 6 years 6 weeks
  • Italy
    What sort of standards can I expect from the healthcare system in Italy as an expat? Is private health insurance realyl necessary or will I...
    1 | 6 years 19 weeks
  • Italy
    Can anyone give me an estimation of what an expat moving to Italy will find expensive or cheap? What costs surprised you - or gave you a shock?
    5 | 4 years 45 weeks
  • India
    I am excited about moving to India but am aware that there will be challenges and difficulties given how different life there is likely to be....
    5 | 5 years 12 weeks
  • India
    What are some of the challenges of being an expat in Hyderabad? Is life outside of work ok?
    3 | 5 years 9 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    Can anyone suggest or advise some suitable aras for expats moving to Holland?
    2 | 3 years 4 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    How easy it to meet and connect with Dutch people? Are the friendly and welcoming to expats?
    3 | 4 years 30 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    Sick and tired of all the pessimism in the UK - not to mention the grim, grey days; Amsterdam seems like a damn good place to be, but just worried...
    1 | 6 years 19 weeks
  • Edinburgh
    Thinking of partaking in the general madness that is the Festival in August and was wondering what the chances of finding accommodating in Edinburgh...
    3 | 2 years 8 weeks
  • the USA
    My husband and I are moving from Britain to the US next year, and I'm VERY concerned about the standard/cost of healthcare in the US. The NHS has its...
    4 | 2 years 10 weeks
  • Moscow
    Hi all... For some reason, I've always had this desire to live and work for a while in Moscow, and now it looks like I might be able to organise a...
    3 | 4 years 23 weeks
  • Switzerland
    Hello!  I'm planning on teaching ESL in Switzerland later this year, and am busy doing all my pre-trip research.... Are there any...
    6 | 4 years 46 weeks
  • New Zealand
    Hi Everyone... I'm planning on doing the expat thing in New Zealand, and just wondered if anyone could give me a heads-up about what to expect from...
    1 | 6 years 19 weeks
  • Turkey
    Does Turkey have a national health care system, and are expats allowed to sign-up? Also, what is the standard of care if so?
    1 | 5 years 2 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    I need to renew my residence permit and am Hep B positive, I've read conflicting reports on whether they test you for this still, and whether if...
    3 | 5 years 22 weeks
  • Angola
    Hi- My husband and I have just had an offer with Shell to move to Angola for a 2-year contract. It looks to be pretty gloomy place and as much as I...
    2 | 2 years 26 weeks
  • Japan
    I'm supposed to start Teaching English in Tokyo next month and have been getting increasingly FREAKED out given the MASSIVE earthquakes that keep...
    Zero | 6 years 19 weeks
  • Moscow
    Hi - does anyone have good/bad recommendations on buying individual health insurance in Russia that covers the European medical centers/other...
    1 | 2 years 38 weeks

Read more posts about