Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • China
    Hello, I would like to know the cost of renting a house ( two or three bedroom) and the cost of schools in China for children between 3 and 15 years...
    5 | 5 years 34 weeks
  • Canada
    What is the job prospect for the city of Calgary like for an Electronic Engineer?
    3 | 5 years 17 weeks
  • Jeddah
    Moving to Saudi Arabi with my husband, and trying to do some preliminary research about my future lifestyle. It seems that most women do not work - I...
    2 | 6 years 20 weeks
  • Jeddah
    Hi- Moving to Jeddah next month and just wanted to make sure I'll be able to any meds I need, I have asthma. Can anyone comment?
    1 | 6 years 22 weeks
  • Qatar
    Do most expats send their children to international schools in Qatar? How does payment work? Does the company pay for this, or is it expected you get...
    1 | 6 years 22 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    I am a single female intested in finding a teaching job in Abu Dhabi, but before I started my job hunt I wanted to do some preliminary research. Is...
    1 | 6 years 22 weeks
  • Norway
    Expect to move to Floro for approx. 15 months in September 2011 and am having problems finding long term accommodation rental. Can anyone give me...
    2 | 6 years 21 weeks
  • Switzerland
    I will be visiting Switzerland with my family for a week. Can someone guide me about the prayer timings ,food, cheap hotels?
    3 | 5 years 16 weeks
  • Turkey
    hi my name is prashant, working in an MNC bank, i moved to istanbul last year. and this year my wife has also joined me. wanted to know if she can...
    1 | 6 years 22 weeks
  • Saudi Arabia
    Hi All, I had an accident in one of the busiest street in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The traffic police immediately comes and tells me to come tomorow to...
    Zero | 6 years 22 weeks
  • Nairobi
    Hi - I'm soon to leave the UK for Nairobi to take up a project post with an aid agency. I'd thought of shipping out a fairly new Jeep Compass...
    2 | 5 years 6 weeks
  • Nigeria
    I have been offered a job in Nigeria Lagos. They would provide me with housing, car and local expenses apart from the savings part. I wish to know...
    10 | 2 years 9 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    What's the state of public transport in Abu Dhabi? Still haven't learned to drive stick shift, and not even sure that there's cars...
    1 | 6 years 22 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    Is it possible to convert my US driver license to a UAE license? What forms do I need? Where can I do this?
    1 | 6 years 23 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    Most of the info I've been reading advises that housing costs more in Abu dhabi, is this true? I have a job in AD, but I'd consider renting...
    1 | 6 years 23 weeks
  • Saudi Arabia
    Hi All, I'm from Malaysia (Asian Countries)and interested to pursue a job in Saudi Arabia. Working as Project Manager for Railway construction for...
    1 | 6 years 5 weeks
  • Italy
    Got an offer to work for an oil...
    1 | 6 years 23 weeks
  • Saudi Arabia
    I have been offered a temporary job in Riyadh for 6 weeks and I am trying to decide whether to take it or not but they haven't told me the wages yet...
    3 | 6 years 23 weeks
  • Australia
    How much does it cost to apply for a general skills migrant visa (class 176) to Australia?
    1 | 6 years 23 weeks
  • Perth
    Can anyone recommend a good primary school in Perth? What is the standard like in general?
    1 | 6 years 23 weeks

Read more posts about