Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Brazil
    Can anyone list what I will need to get a retirement visa in Brazil. I'm a US citizen and would  be moving with my husband, also retired. Is...
    4 | 3 years 34 weeks
  • Canada
    When I think of Canada, I think of frostbite...though I'm hoping my tendency toward exaggeration in indeed a tendency when it comes to weather in...
    2 | 5 years 3 weeks
  • Canada
    We're moving to Vancouver, and I was wondering if my 8-year old needs to have a knowledge of French to be enroled in a Canadian school?
    1 | 6 years 17 weeks
  • Canada
    Hi- I'm approaching the 90-day mark in Canada, so I can soon apply for comprehensive medical insurance, and was just wondering if the national...
    1 | 6 years 17 weeks
  • Brisbane
    I am a site manager in fit out / construction. Landed on Gold Coast few weeks back and looking for start anywhere. All useful suggestions gratefully...
    1 | 6 years 17 weeks
  • Portugal
    Can someone please put me in touch with one of the shooting or hunting organisations in Portugal please..... An English speaking contact would be...
    1 | 6 years 17 weeks
  • Dubai
    We will be moving to THE GREEN COMMUNITY WEST, DUBAI by the middle of August, just wondered how we can meet some new friends
    3 | 4 years 5 days
  • Thailand
    I'm moving to Thailand and would like to take many belongings with me as my CD/DVD/book collection. I'm married to a Thai citizen who lives...
    1 | 6 years 15 weeks
  • Hong Kong
    I'm moving with my young family to HK. The kids will be going to the American International School in Mong Kok. I will be working in the CBD....
    4 | 2 years 18 weeks
  • Turkey
    Do you have any idea of the custom procedures and costs related to the customs for the entry of a car coming from EU to Turkey (Istanbul)?
    8 | 2 years 46 weeks
  • Santiago
    What's a good mid to high-class area for a young couple with an eight-year-old. Need to be fairly central, but would compromise proximity to the...
    1 | 6 years 18 weeks
  • Santiago
    Do I need a TELF certificate to teach English in Santiago? What about a formal teaching degree?
    1 | 6 years 18 weeks
  • Chile
    What are the public schools like in Santiago? I really want my eight-year-old to pick up as much Spanish as possible over the course of our two-year...
    2 | 4 years 17 weeks
  • Vancouver
    I've just received my approved working visa and plan to move to Canada for 2 years, I'll only be taking a suitcase of belongings, what are...
    Zero | 6 years 18 weeks
  • France
    Hi, We are currently looking for an English copywriter. Insitaction is a French web agency. We create websites. For one of our client, we need an...
    Zero | 6 years 18 weeks
  • Beijing
    I formerly worked in the retail sector of Guangzhou for a year, but then quit my job because I thought I was moving back to Europe. Unfortunately I...
    2 | 5 years 12 weeks
  • China
    I'm thinking about moving to Beijing to teach English - a bit ironic - considering I don't know the first thing about mandarin. Just...
    2 | 4 years 13 weeks
  • China
    In the process of the last round of interviews for a position managing retail in Guangzhou and trying to anticipate my expenses there if i do get...
    6 | 5 years 15 weeks
  • Cyprus
    Are public schools in Cyprus an option. Moving to Limassol  in the near future with my eight-year-old and no absolutely nothing about the...
    1 | 6 years 18 weeks
  • Cyprus
    Hi- Thinking about moving to Cyprus, and as much as I'm ready to commit to some remote, rural no man's land - I also am kind of (okay, more...
    1 | 6 years 18 weeks

Read more posts about