Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Zurich
    I've heard it's super difficult to find housing in Zurich. Any tips for an American unfamiliar with life overseas and used to life in a small...
    3 | 4 years 16 weeks
  • Zurich
    Can anyone suggest good areas of Zurich to consider for living, also, please include general pricing of housing in those areas.
    2 | 5 years 21 weeks
  • Switzerland
    Hi, I'm a South African looking to visit an American expat friend I have who's living in Switzerland, and I was wondering if I need to get...
    1 | 6 years 31 weeks
  • Switzerland
    I need some insight into salaries in Switzerland, anyone have any suggestions for a site I could use to make comparisons?
    7 | 3 years 21 weeks
  • Switzerland
    In light of the million, billion rules and regulations in Switzerland, just wondering if someone can advise on protocol for leaving your apartment in...
    1 | 6 years 31 weeks
  • Budapest
    Can anyone advise on the best British school in Budapest? My children are 5,12,13 and we will be there for 4 or 5 years. I have seen the websites for...
    1 | 6 years 31 weeks
  • Switzerland
    Any advice on choosing a health insurance provider in Switzerland? We're moving to Zurich, and in the past we've always just accepted...
    1 | 6 years 31 weeks
  • Qatar
    Myself and my wife are due to arrive in Qatar in the next couple of months and we were looking for accommodation around the Doha area. As I will be...
    2 | 5 years 44 weeks
  • India
    GERMAN EXPAT IN INDIA- WITH THE NEED TO DRIVE A CAR – FOR A PAID POSITION IN A DOCUMENTARY Two young German filmmakers are looking for Germans...
    Zero | 6 years 31 weeks
  • Qatar
    I'm very seriously considering a job offer I have for Qatar, but I want to get a better idea of what the work environment would be like. Is the...
    1 | 6 years 32 weeks
  • Qatar
    If I have a residence permit to work in Qatar do I need to get an exit visa to leave the country for a brief vacation back to the States. Will my...
    1 | 6 years 32 weeks
  • Italy
    I'm in Canada going to school right now and I'm very serious about moving to Italy and working there. I've been trying to find...
    3 | 3 years 13 weeks
  • Qatar
    Hi- My husband has been offered jobs in both Abu Dhabi and Qatar, and as the salaries are relatively similar, we're trying to decide in which...
    3 | 5 years 45 weeks
  • Qatar
    Hi- My company is looking to send me to Doha to start-up a Middle Eastern branch of our processing plant (thought, I'd mainly be doing client...
    5 | 5 years 42 weeks
  • Dubai
    Hello. I am planning on relocating to Dubai. I am would really appreciate some advice on what to expect - in particular what is the lifestyle like,...
    2 | 6 years 21 weeks
  • Adelaide
    We are moving to Adelaide from the Netherlands and looking for a reliable international moving company with good pricing? If you were happy with...
    9 | 2 years 47 weeks
  • Hong Kong
    My husband has just got a job in hong kong i want to join him asap but am having difficulty finding schooling for my 8 and 11 year old, with long...
    3 | 5 years 38 weeks
  • Sydney
    Hi We are probably going to Australia in a couple of years as a part of my PHD study. We are a family of two adults and three kids, and are trying to...
    5 | 4 years 9 weeks
  • Dubai
    Dear Sir, As per new rule of Dubai, is it necessory to test Hepatitis B for new labour resident visa applicant who is not under six catagories of...
    1 | 6 years 33 weeks
  • Cyprus
    My husband is retiring next year and we're planning on migrating from the UK to Cyprus. He has a sizeable pension, but we're still wary of...
    1 | 3 years 14 weeks

Read more posts about