Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Riyadh
    I am a UK resident looking to work in an admin capacity within oil and gas or healthcare, having applied via many job sites and job boards I haven...
    4 | 20 weeks 1 day
  • South Africa
    I heard people saying it takes 60 working days to get a Work VISA from South Africa. Is that true? Please confirm. If not, how much time it actually...
    4 | 19 weeks 1 day
  • Hong Kong
    Hi folks, we will be moving to HK in a few months time but do not know the city much, having visited only once. We are looking for a primary school...
    2 | 20 weeks 2 days
  • Shanghai
    Hi All, I have been living in Shanghai close to 10 years now and with the arrival of our second kid, and his entry in Kindergarten , the budget do...
    1 | 20 weeks 12 hours
  • Shanghai
    Dear all, I am writing you to see if you can help me with some information regarding English speaking colleges, Universities ( deadlines,...
    1 | 20 weeks 6 days
  • Czech Republic
    Hello, We're a couple of guys from the US. My husband was just offered a job in Pardubice that will start in September. It's probably...
    2 | 18 weeks 2 days
  • Canada
    How to deal with real estate agents when renting in Canada?
    Zero | 21 weeks 1 day
  • Ottawa
    Hello, My family and I will be relocating to Ottawa from the United States in September. My husband will be working at the university of Ottawa. He...
    Zero | 21 weeks 2 days
  • Spain
    I am looking to take early retirement in Spain at the end of this year. I will spend some time travelling around the south and east and will then buy...
    1 | 17 weeks 1 day
  • Mexico
    Please can you tell me if public schooling for expats is recommendable? Private schooling is very expensive especially for single parents. Are you...
    2 | 19 weeks 6 days
  • Delhi
    Hello We may have the opportunity to move to Delhi and there are many things about this that are really exciting. However, I'm quite concerned about...
    2 | 18 weeks 6 days
  • Czech Republic
    Hello! There is a possibility that my husband will be offered a job in Pardubice, so I'm trying to plan ahead. I'm wondering if anyone could...
    3 | 21 weeks 1 day
  • South Africa
    Hi to my Well Wishers, Finally, I applied for Critical skills work permit VISA through VFS Global. How much time it actually takes to know the status...
    1 | 2 weeks 1 day
  • Ireland
    What opportunities exist for broadcast media jobs in radio and television in Ireland?
    Zero | 21 weeks 3 days
  • Qatar
    Hello friends, I Have worked in UAE for about 4 years and lastly had a bad experience as I have been gone through some criminal cases for which I...
    3 | 14 weeks 1 day
  • Portugal
    How can I retired in Portugal? I have an American and Brazilian Citizenship, My husband and I are willing to make real estate property investment. Be...
    2 | 9 weeks 1 day
  • Switzerland
    Hi I am working for two local hospital in Iran and I am eager to find a job and by the way looking for the passes to apply a job in my major(...
    Zero | 21 weeks 5 days
  • Oman
    Zero | 21 weeks 5 days
  • Cape Town
    Hi! I plan to move to Cape town in January 2018 for seven months with my six year old son. I would really appreciate advice on where to live and...
    2 | 21 weeks 3 days
  • Romania
    I am a Hong Kong resident who has been offered a job in Bucharest, which starts in early August. Would I be able to enter Romania without a long-stay...
    3 | 11 weeks 3 days

Read more posts about