Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • the United Kingdom
    I am a Swiss/Nigerian citizen and so are my kids. I would like to relocate to the UK for educational purposes. I have kids in pre-university,...
    2 | 17 weeks 23 hours
  • Belgium
    I moved to Brussels in December last year, yet I've had a very difficult time getting settled. I work a white-collar job, typically 9-7 with very...
    2 | 12 weeks 3 hours
  • Australia
    I plan to move to Melbourne but I don't have any friends or family I can stay with while I'm here. I also need to find a job in Melbourne what is the...
    2 | 16 weeks 1 day
  • Oman
    I hope you all are doing well. I have certain doubts regarding job visa. I have applied for a post of electrical engineer in oman petroleum company...
    Zero | 18 weeks 5 days
  • Shanghai
    Hi, We are hoping to find an all in one relocation company that can assist us with moving from wuhan, finding housing and taking us to see the...
    1 | 18 weeks 10 hours
  • Poland
    Dear All, I have been interviewed for a payroll specialist job in Poland. Having experience of 5 years I have been offered 6000 PLN net however I am...
    Zero | 19 weeks 23 hours
  • Sweden
    Hi, I am a yoga instructor and I am moving to Sweden next week. I would like to advertise private and group yoga classes in Gothenburg, but I am not...
    1 | 18 weeks 23 hours
  • Kuwait
    Hi, I am job hunting and may be offered a job in Kuwait (fingers crossed) has anyone moved their pet to Kuwait? I have heard that dogs are not...
    1 | 19 weeks 2 days
  • Romania
    Hello, dear forum colleagues! If you plan to move in Timisoara, to visit or just to know something about how to live here, feel free to ask me! I...
    2 | 8 weeks 6 days
  • Australia
    Can someone answer my Doubt? On getting PR, and am not planning to be employed in Australia, will the Money I remit from other country in a Savings...
    1 | 19 weeks 2 days
  • Belgium
    Hi! I need to know if I have any chances at all to get a job as a nurse in Belgium. I am a registered nurse in India . The problem is that I can not...
    Zero | 19 weeks 4 days
  • France
    Does anyone know of a decent website for long term house rental (12-60 months) for France? Looks like we will be transferred to Issy-les-Moulineaux,...
    Zero | 19 weeks 5 days
  • Shanghai
    I dont understand the system can you help me. Am I able to get FWP (Foreign working Permit) Im thinking of immigrating and being a Foreign Maid...
    2 | 19 weeks 3 days
  • The Hague
    I start work middle of August in the Hague and will need to look for a place to rent for myself and my husband. Can you recommend any companies that...
    1 | 19 weeks 5 days
  • Portugal
    Hey, everyone! A friend of mine is relocating to Portugal from South Africa in three months and she is asking for any suggestions on good elementary...
    1 | 19 weeks 6 days
  • Philippines
    Sir/Maam! I have an overdue loan from Saudi Arabia British Bank SABB). When I file my loan the Bank and my company singed a MOA that if ever I will...
    Zero | 20 weeks 1 day
  • Abu Dhabi
    I have been offered a contract to come to Abu Dhabi that offers 10,000 dh a month, housing provided, as well as medical insurance and visa provided...
    1 | 20 weeks 2 days
  • United Arab Emirates
    My wife and I are considering moving to Abu Dhabi this year with our 3 children. 2 of the children are our children, while the oldest boy (12) is my...
    1 | 20 weeks 1 day
  • Lagos
    What is an average monthly salary for a steward/stewardess working 5-6 days/week in an expat home doing cleaning, laundry and some cooking?
    Zero | 20 weeks 4 days
  • Kuwait
    Hi, I am due to receive a job offer today or Sunday for a great job in Kuwait and I have a few questions which I'm hoping someone could answer...
    2 | 20 weeks 1 day

Read more posts about