Reviews of GEMS Wellington International School in Dubai

tompitman's picture
By tompitman - Posted on
20 February 2012
We are writing a detailed schools guide for expats moving to Dubai and are looking for contributors who are either education consultants in Dubai or more likely have/ have had children at school in Singapore. In particular we are reviewing the following schools: Regent International School, Wellington International School, Dubai American Academy, Dubai Modern High School,
Dubai British School, Taaleem American Academy and the Dubai English Speaking College (DESC) Dubai. If there are any good expat schools which are not on this list, please let me know. It would be great to get feedback from parents. Many thanks, T

Anonymous

I have only heard good reports about the Wellington International School Dubai. The children seem to be happy there and most parents are positive about the school. The facilities are very good and the standard of teaching is very high

Anonymous

We had a couple of children at this school until we returned back to the UK, likewise they were very happy there and the school is academically sound and well-run although I know one or two parents had complains, but that is common for all schools.

Anonymous

Oh Dear - I am researching schools for a friend and it seems that I am a few months too early for your guide :-( The situation has changed dramatically since 2001 when we arrived with out children looking for a GCE education and realised that there was a very limited choice. The schools that we keep hearing about (in addition to those on your list) are:
Jumeirah English Speaking School
Kings School
Dubai English Speaking School/College
Jumeirah Primary School
Choueifat/SABIS
Emirates International
Jebel Ali Primary
Raffles
Repton
The English College
Dubai College
Jumeirah College

Look forward to seeing your guide in the shops soon!

Anonymous

my daughter teaches at wellington international
school and has extremely positive things to say.She says the management team are excellent and the academic and all round education of the children is outstanding.The staff and children are very happy.I think that says it all.I am proud that my daughter teaches in such a good school.Teacher's mother.

Anonymous

My name is Jose.I am from Brazil and our family will move next month.
The Wellington School woul be a good option for my son? He is 5 years old.
I am waiting for your comment.

Jose

GabyS's picture

South Africa

Hi Jose

The GEMS Wellington School is one of the best schools in Dubai, rated 'outstanding' by the Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau. They take children from 3 years old upwards.

When are you moving? Many schools in Dubai have long waiting lists. You can visit the school's website to find out more about the application procedure. It is generally best to start this as soon as possible when dealing with schools in Dubai.
Anonymous

I visited the school in June regarding admission for my children. I was most impressed by the whole thing. Staff were great, school had everything I could ask for and the children seemed polite, happy and intelligent.

Anonymous

i like welington and i love welingto school and college thank you.

Anonymous

Hi, does anyone know about gems american academy at abu dhabi?
My son will be grade 1 and planning to move at the end of august.

GabyS's picture

South Africa

Hi Anonymous

You can find a review of the GEMS American Academy in the free Expat Arrivals Abu Dhabi Schools Guide.
Anonymous

hi i am a high school teacher thinking of moving to dubai ti teach.

does anybody know what it is like to teach at regent school?

any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated

thanks xx

Anonymous

Regent is a horrible school, lot of politics among teachers.., very rude

Anonymous

who could recommend Gems wellington for an 8 year old. Have heard mainly good just want to see if anyone has any negative points about it.

Read more posts about Dubai