Posted by Margot
Hi my husband has a 3yr placement in the San Jose area. We will be moving out a the end of the school year. I am looking for recommendations on schooling for our 13,10 & 7 yr old kids. They've need to be able to stay in the British schooling system where possible to ease transition back to Blighty. Can anyone point me in the right direction on suitable international schools please?
Thanks
Catherine on 20 Jan 2017
Hi Margot, San Jose has quite a large international community thanks to the healthy economy of Silicon Valley, and there are a number of international schools in the city, which may be the best option for you, if not wanting to enrol your kids in the local education system. However, there don't appear to be any that specifically follow the British curriculum. 

I suggest contacting the Council of British International Schools as they will be able to supply you with a list of accredited British International Schools in the California area.

For a general overview of the schooling system in San Jose, have a read of our Education and Schools in San Jose page. San Jose is part of the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, and depending on where in the city you will be living, it may also be worth considering schools in San Francisco.

I also suggest speaking direclty to your husband's company, as I am sure they are used to assisting their expatriate staff relocate to the city and will be able to point you in the right direction in terms of schools in the city, as well as the areas to consider finding accommodation, as this is an important aspect related to finding the right school as you'll need to consider the transport/traffic to get to and from school as well.

All the best with your school search and relocation to San Jose!