Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Bangkok
    Looking for reasonable housing in the city centre as a single, and very eligible bachelor...I can't speak Thai and I'm addicted to peanut butter - so...
    5 | 1 year 24 weeks
  • Austria
    I've heard rumours that the healthcare in Austria is absolutely excellent -- are these true?  I'm busy shopping around for a place to go teach...
    5 | 4 years 39 weeks
  • Australia
    Hi Everyone I'm going to be leaving sunny South Africa for a job in sunny Brisbane, and was just wondering if there are any particularly good areas...
    2 | 5 years 19 weeks
  • Cape Town
    I heard they were trying to do away with the exceptional skills permit in SA, is this true? If so, when is the latest I should get my application in...
    1 | 6 years 48 weeks
  • Malaysia
    Is it hard to get a work visa for Malaysia? Any tips on making it easier getting through all the red tape?
    13 | 4 years 39 weeks
  • Kuala Lumpur
    What's the quality of life like for expats in Malaysia?
    2 | 5 years 35 weeks
  • Nairobi
    What areas should I look at in Nairobi as I set up base for two years? I want a nice residential area, with other expats around, not...
    4 | 5 years 12 weeks
  • London
    I've been hearing horror stories about people getting pushed under the Tube during rush hour in London. I'm a small-town gal about to make the move,...
    3 | 5 years 32 weeks
  • New York City
    Moving with my boyfriend - "the American" to New York City in two months. I can barely bring myself to buy boxes let alone imagine leaving my friends...
    3 | 4 years 3 weeks
  • Ho Chi Minh City
    I'm considering teaching English in Vietnam next year and I'm wondering if it's necessary to buy a car for the duration of my stay - should be...
    8 | 3 years 29 weeks
  • Zambia
    There's a possibility I may be briefly relocated to Lusaka, Zambia for six months. It's a short amount of time so I don't think it's worth it to open...
    2 | 5 years 4 weeks
  • Argentina
    I am three months away from my dream move to Argentina... I am very excited, but need to start drawing up a budget for myself. How much should I...
    2 | 5 years 31 weeks
  • Angola
    Hi Everyone! I'm looking for information about the cost of living in Angola.  I've heard it's a ridiculously expensive place to live!  Is...
    2 | 6 years 10 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    Is Abu Dhabi a safe place? I want to relocate there with my family, and just want to know if I need to worry about crime.   Thanks.
    2 | 6 years 35 weeks
  • Italy
    What sort of standards can I expect from the healthcare system in Italy as an expat? Is private health insurance realyl necessary or will I...
    1 | 6 years 48 weeks
  • Italy
    Can anyone give me an estimation of what an expat moving to Italy will find expensive or cheap? What costs surprised you - or gave you a shock?
    5 | 5 years 22 weeks
  • India
    I am excited about moving to India but am aware that there will be challenges and difficulties given how different life there is likely to be....
    5 | 5 years 42 weeks
  • India
    What are some of the challenges of being an expat in Hyderabad? Is life outside of work ok?
    3 | 5 years 39 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    Can anyone suggest or advise some suitable aras for expats moving to Holland?
    2 | 3 years 33 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    How easy it to meet and connect with Dutch people? Are the friendly and welcoming to expats?
    3 | 5 years 7 weeks

Read more posts about