Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • Vancouver
    I've just received my approved working visa and plan to move to Canada for 2 years, I'll only be taking a suitcase of belongings, what are...
    Zero | 6 years 44 weeks
  • France
    Hi, We are currently looking for an English copywriter. Insitaction is a French web agency. We create websites. For one of our client, we need an...
    Zero | 6 years 44 weeks
  • Beijing
    I formerly worked in the retail sector of Guangzhou for a year, but then quit my job because I thought I was moving back to Europe. Unfortunately I...
    2 | 5 years 38 weeks
  • China
    I'm thinking about moving to Beijing to teach English - a bit ironic - considering I don't know the first thing about mandarin. Just...
    2 | 4 years 39 weeks
  • China
    In the process of the last round of interviews for a position managing retail in Guangzhou and trying to anticipate my expenses there if i do get...
    6 | 5 years 41 weeks
  • Cyprus
    Are public schools in Cyprus an option. Moving to Limassol  in the near future with my eight-year-old and no absolutely nothing about the...
    1 | 6 years 44 weeks
  • Cyprus
    Hi- Thinking about moving to Cyprus, and as much as I'm ready to commit to some remote, rural no man's land - I also am kind of (okay, more...
    1 | 6 years 44 weeks
  • Cyprus
    Hi- We've just bought a house in Cyprus (hip, hip :) and we'll  need to organise some white goods when we arrive. Unfortunately there...
    1 | 6 years 44 weeks
  • Dubai
    Considering that I'm leaving the network of friends I've had since I've been in diapers, I'm a little concerned about making friends...
    5 | 3 years 33 weeks
  • Dubai
    Is it better to open a local bank account in Dubai or retain an offshore account? If going for an offshore account - should I choose HSBC or Barclays?
    4 | 4 years 8 weeks
  • Dubai
    Hi- I've recently landed a job in Dubai that will alot me 7500 Dirhams housing allowance monthly and 3000 Dirhams for transport monthly. Can...
    1 | 6 years 33 weeks
  • Moscow
    Does anybody need a guide and a friend in Moscow? I love meeting new people, especially expats. So if you need a tour, a piece of advice or just a...
    1 | 6 years 45 weeks
  • Paris
    Do you need a special permit to park on-street in certain places in Paris. If so, is it possible to get a city wide permit, or are they only...
    1 | 6 years 45 weeks
  • France
    Is it legal for me to buy a car in France as a US citizen? If so, is it better to buy new or used and what do I need to know about the process?
    3 | 4 years 51 weeks
  • Saudi Arabia
    Does anyone know the cost of renting a room in Al Qurryt in Saudi Arabia?
    Zero | 6 years 45 weeks
  • Barcelona
    I have fallen in love with Barcelona and would love to live there! The only issue I have is that I don't speak Spanish or Catalan. I have...
    1 | 6 years 45 weeks
  • Berlin
    Hi- I'm looking to land an Au Pair position in Berlin for the duration of the summer (2011). Can anyone point me in the direction of a resource...
    3 | 4 years 15 weeks
  • Munich
    Which neighbourhoods in Munich are best suited for a young single professional? Also, what factors should I consider when choosing a place to live...
    2 | 5 years 40 weeks
  • Berlin
    Hi- I'm a hunger artist moving to Berlin to take up residence with all the other international expats whose largest responsibility is protecting...
    1 | 6 years 46 weeks
  • Ghana
    Hi- My husband may be pursuing a post at a university in Ghana and I'm wondering how safe it is to bring kids to Accra. Both of our children are...
    2 | 4 years 1 week

Read more posts about