Posted by SamanthaMJ
Hello Friends! I am relocating from London to Mumbai at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone could recommend a shipping company for my personal belongings. And an insurance company to cover the items I will be shipping. I will not be sending furniture,, it will be clothing, books etc. Thanks!!! Samantha
Meagan on 30 Jun 2017
Hi Samantha,

We have a list of recommended relocation companies in India which might be worth checking out. Our section on Shipping and Removals in Mumbai gives an overview of what to expect throughout the relocation process.

I think you have to right idea about not taking furniture with you – you'll be able to save a lot of money that way. Regarding insurance, it's generally a good idea to insure the goods being shipped with a company separate from the company doing the actual shipping.

Best of luck with the move!

Anonymous (not verified) on 3 Jul 2017
Thank you Meagan. Very helpful!