Posted by Geminidiz
I am looking to take early retirement in Spain at the end of this year. I will spend some time travelling around the south and east and will then buy a property, living on the balance of the sale of my current property and a small retirement pension until my state pension becomes payable in 2020. Can I apply for residency before I buy my property and if not what happens if I buy and then am denied residency? Thanks Denise
Anonymous (not verified) on 21 Jun 2017
Hi, Denise Well I would not know for sure what the best solution is. What if it is is that there are various ways of getting the residence, but you can compare a house first by doing the NIE. The best thing is for a lawyer to solve and take all this, I know English lawyers, if you want to get in touch with them and resolve the doubts. The office is called Carbray, has a headquarters in Barcelona, but then has other offices and act in all of Spain. regards