Study in NYC?

lrmedina's picture
By lrmedina - Posted on
19 March 2017

My husband will soon be relocated to NYC and I was thinking about taking some business courses for at least one year at a University or College.

Does any of you have some tip?
I don't know where to start looking for information!

Thanks!

Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago

NYC is home to many well-respected universities and has a thriving community of international students. To find the best school to suit your needs, try looking for a ranking of the city's universities and colleges for business related studies.

Cost is an important consideration as universities will generally charge international students higher fees. At present, what visa are you planning to move to the US on? I ask because in order to study there, you would most likely need to obtain a US student visa, most likely an F visa. You might be able to switch to an F visa from within in the US, again depending on the visa you enter on.

What country are you originally from? Some universities will require proof of English language proficiency for students from countries that do not have English as a majority language. You may also need to take standardised college admission tests such as the SAT or ACT.

Generally, the best route to take is to consult the websites of specific universities/colleges in the area and getting in touch with them if you have questions.

Best of luck with the move.

lrmedina's picture
Last seen: 5 days 19 hours ago

dear Meagan,

I am not quite sure about my type of Visa to be honest, he works for the UN and they still did not communicate that.

But I have a question, if I get a work permit Visa, am I allowed to study? or do I need a student Visa for that?

And yes, I would try to ask the schools/universities that I am interested on, but will take soooo long.

Thanks!

Read more posts about The USA