Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Read our terms of use.
  • Nairobi
    What areas should I look at in Nairobi as I set up base for two years? I want a nice residential area, with other expats around, not...
    4 | 5 years 21 weeks
  • London
    I've been hearing horror stories about people getting pushed under the Tube during rush hour in London. I'm a small-town gal about to make the move,...
    3 | 5 years 41 weeks
  • New York City
    Moving with my boyfriend - "the American" to New York City in two months. I can barely bring myself to buy boxes let alone imagine leaving my friends...
    3 | 4 years 12 weeks
  • Ho Chi Minh City
    I'm considering teaching English in Vietnam next year and I'm wondering if it's necessary to buy a car for the duration of my stay - should be...
    8 | 3 years 38 weeks
  • Zambia
    There's a possibility I may be briefly relocated to Lusaka, Zambia for six months. It's a short amount of time so I don't think it's worth it to open...
    2 | 5 years 13 weeks
  • Argentina
    I am three months away from my dream move to Argentina... I am very excited, but need to start drawing up a budget for myself. How much should I...
    2 | 5 years 41 weeks
  • Angola
    Hi Everyone! I'm looking for information about the cost of living in Angola.  I've heard it's a ridiculously expensive place to live!  Is...
    2 | 6 years 19 weeks
  • Abu Dhabi
    Is Abu Dhabi a safe place? I want to relocate there with my family, and just want to know if I need to worry about crime.   Thanks.
    2 | 6 years 44 weeks
  • Italy
    What sort of standards can I expect from the healthcare system in Italy as an expat? Is private health insurance realyl necessary or will I...
    1 | 7 years 5 weeks
  • Italy
    Can anyone give me an estimation of what an expat moving to Italy will find expensive or cheap? What costs surprised you - or gave you a shock?
    5 | 5 years 31 weeks
  • India
    I am excited about moving to India but am aware that there will be challenges and difficulties given how different life there is likely to be....
    5 | 5 years 51 weeks
  • India
    What are some of the challenges of being an expat in Hyderabad? Is life outside of work ok?
    3 | 5 years 48 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    Can anyone suggest or advise some suitable aras for expats moving to Holland?
    2 | 3 years 42 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    How easy it to meet and connect with Dutch people? Are the friendly and welcoming to expats?
    3 | 5 years 16 weeks
  • the Netherlands
    Sick and tired of all the pessimism in the UK - not to mention the grim, grey days; Amsterdam seems like a damn good place to be, but just worried...
    1 | 7 years 5 weeks
  • Edinburgh
    Thinking of partaking in the general madness that is the Festival in August and was wondering what the chances of finding accommodating in Edinburgh...
    3 | 2 years 47 weeks
  • the USA
    My husband and I are moving from Britain to the US next year, and I'm VERY concerned about the standard/cost of healthcare in the US. The NHS has its...
    4 | 2 years 49 weeks
  • Moscow
    Hi all... For some reason, I've always had this desire to live and work for a while in Moscow, and now it looks like I might be able to organise a...
    3 | 5 years 10 weeks
  • Switzerland
    Hello!  I'm planning on teaching ESL in Switzerland later this year, and am busy doing all my pre-trip research.... Are there any...
    6 | 5 years 32 weeks
  • New Zealand
    Hi Everyone... I'm planning on doing the expat thing in New Zealand, and just wondered if anyone could give me a heads-up about what to expect from...
    1 | 7 years 6 weeks

Read more posts about