Posted by caukzn
Hello, I've taken a job as a teacher at a school near Taikoo Shing on Hong Kong island. We're trying to decide if we want to go for an older apartment, possibly without a lift, that is quite close to the school or just a stop or two away. Or, is it better to aim for cheaper, more spacious apartments, near Tseung Kwan O, Hang Hao, and Lohas Park. These would involve a transfer of two lines and a commute of 45 minutes. I don't mind the commute, but I've never commuted so far with my five year old daughter. Any experience anyone with subway commutes and young children?
Anonymous (not verified) on 1 Nov 2016
A commute of 45 minutes (one way) is nothing, comparing to the rest of the world, but you have to weigh out the pros and cons. If your priority is clean air and spacious living quarters, suburbs is the only choice. However, if you wish for convenience, older apartment is way there for you. Hope this helps.