Visa advice for newborn?

Mayawino's picture
By Mayawino - Posted on

Dear folks

I am in a situation where I need advice of experienced people here.

I was awarded skilled migrant PR visa subclass 175 back in Dec 2013. I did my landing formality later in June 2014 and stayed over there with my family (wife and 2 daughters) for a month. Now I intend to go to Melbourne and settle there to fulfill the 4 years stay condition till the eventual nationality thing.

But I cannot travel now as my wife is pregnant and she cannot travel because of high risk pregnancy. I have been told that if the baby is born outside australia, visa subclass 101, needs to be applied which takes around 18 months to be awarded and is kind of difficult and risky. Now I am finding it difficult to go to Australia and get the baby born in Australia. On the other hand, my PR visa is valid till Dec 2018 which means I am left with 27 months to go settle in there. I request advice from you all about your similar experiences, and about possible ways out / options for my situation.

Needless to mention, your advice shall of course be of great help to me.

Sincerely,

Read more posts about Australia