Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

Register or Sign In to join the discussion or ask one of our experts another question.

Read our terms of use.
  • New Zealand
    I'm from the Philippines and currently employed in Kuwait. I applied for jobs in New Zealand but most need NZ residency or work visa. So, my...
    Zero | 2 weeks 5 days
  • Perth
    Hi, Looking to buy some very thinly sliced pork belly and beef. Where can I find this in Perth? The ones sold in Asian shops are all frozen and...
    Zero | 2 weeks 5 days
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi there, I've been planning a move to the UK for quite a while and I finally have a job sorted and I'm looking to move to London in...
    1 | 2 weeks 4 days
  • Berlin
    Hi there, I'm an artist moving to Berlin for inspiration. I want to know which areas I should look for accommodation in. I'm in my 20s and...
    2 | 1 week 4 days
  • Canada
    I am Alfred, currently residing in Toronto. I am getting married soon. But I am not a Canadian citizen. I just need to know, is there any legal...
    1 | 2 weeks 1 day
  • Malta
    We are looking to move to Malta with a 7 year old boy. We plan to rent a property at first. My husband wants to work. He currently works for a local...
    Zero | 2 weeks 5 days
  • Dubai
    Hi! I am a 29 year old Indian girl and I have recently gotten an offer from an Educational Institute. They are offering me 4000 AED with no...
    5 | 1 day 8 hours
  • Australia
    MY wife is 8 months pregnant, and suddenly my business trip has been fixed. Her due date is in August, so I will be taking her with me.Since baby...
    1 | 2 weeks 6 days
  • Dubai
    I'm offered a secretarial position with 15000 AED salary, which equals 4000$. I'm offered medical insurance and housing. Is this salary...
    6 | 2 days 18 hours
  • Ho Chi Minh City
    I am moving to HCM in late July. I am looking for a D1 apartment complex with a pool and preferably a steam room too. Any suggestions on buildings to...
    1 | 3 weeks 9 hours
  • France
    Hi, I am on short term 60 days work permit to France, can I get a long term 1 year work permit while I am already here on short term work permit?
    1 | 2 weeks 5 days
  • Ireland
    I have been offered a package of 80,000 Euros + Insurance + Pension. Is this a good salary to consider? It's great that I found this forum where...
    Zero | 3 weeks 5 days
  • Dubai
    I will be applying for a working visa (residence). Do you have any recommendation about health insurance? Any recommendations about accommodation?...
    1 | 3 weeks 5 days
  • Shanghai
    Hi there, I am now working in Hong Kong for a Swiss company but I am also required to travel often to Shanghai and work at the office in Shanghai....
    Zero | 3 weeks 6 days
  • the United Kingdom
    Hi there, I'm due to start my MA programme in London in September. I'm from Spain and some of my funding is coming from the Erasmus+...
    1 | 3 weeks 6 days
  • the Algarve
    Hello dear expats, I am just starting to research the place and would like very much if a local/expert could give me some advice regarding the real...
    1 | 2 weeks 5 days
  • Adelaide
    Hi, I was wondering if there is CBD like Sydney / Melbourne in Adelaide too or are the offices spread all over the city? I need to know this to...
    Zero | 3 weeks 6 days
  • Saudi Arabia
    I am from India. I need to apply for corporate driver visa for Saudi Arabia. Is it mandatory to have driving license in India to apply for corporate...
    2 | 3 weeks 6 days
  • Adelaide
    Greetings folks, I will be moving to Adelaide on a 190 visa later in August. I have been to Sydney and Melbourne a couple of times in 2012, never to...
    1 | 2 weeks 4 days
  • Saudi Arabia
    Hi there I will most likely be moving to Riyadh with my husband in the next few months. I have heard about the difficulty of starting a business...
    3 | 4 weeks 4 hours

Read more posts about