Questions and Answer Forum

Thank you for visiting the Expat Arrivals Forum. We have thousands of local expats waiting to answer your questions on living and working abroad.

• Ho Chi Minh City
    Hi We are going to Vietnam on holiday next month, but we have concerns as two single ladies travelling alone. Is Ho Chi Minh City safe? Can we go...
    1 | 4 weeks 1 day
  • Dubai
    Hi, I have some inquiry that I hope you can help me with. I have joined a job in Dubai on husband visa but due to personal problem, left the same...
    Zero | 4 weeks 4 days
  • Hong Kong
    Hi, just chasing some information/advice on getting primary school aged kids into a HK International school. Anyone got experience sending their...
    1 | 4 weeks 1 day
  • Malaysia
    Can anyone advise as to whether residency in Malaysia for tax purposes commences on the day of arrival in the country or the date of issue of...
    Zero | 4 weeks 5 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hi I've been trying to find info on bank transfers to another country. I live in Ireland and have a mortage bills etc to continue paying. Is this...
    1 | 4 weeks 4 days
  • Dubai
    I need to check if I can return to Dubai with my family after being deported three years ago. I have tried to call the offices in Dubai, but I can...
    Zero | 4 weeks 5 days
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hello. I'm a 50-year-old outgoing Irish lady whose children have grown up. I've been considering taking up a Nurse Managers position in Abu...
    2 | 4 weeks 5 days
  • Oman
    I am a US citizen and got a job offer for one of the rigs in Oman. Do I pay taxes while working overseas? And do I have to go through a medical...
    Zero | 5 weeks 8 hours
  • New York City
    We are in New York for a couple of years and will return to the UK in 2016. I will be sending my kids to private schools on our return to the UK. I...
    Zero | 5 weeks 13 hours
  • Christchurch
    Can someone break down the "younger" neighbourhoods in Christchurch? We want to rent in an area walkable to bars/restaurants/shops but most...
    1 | 4 weeks 4 days
  • Dubai
    Hi All, I would really appreciate some advice here. I have just been offered 12,000AED for a job in Dubai. They will pay for Visa, flight and 1 or 2...
    3 | 6 days 17 hours
  • Qatar
    what is the living cost in qatar. what are the rents cost in doha/month , food,transport , etc.
    2 | 2 weeks 3 days
  • Sweden
    Hi there I have decided to move to Stockholm to join my Swedish partner. I've just started looking into this, so any help would be welcome -...
    1 | 4 weeks 1 day
  • Nairobi
    Hi, I'm about to move to Nairobi and in the middle of negotiating my salary. I'm wondering if any one could give me some idea what an International...
    1 | 6 days 19 hours
  • Cyprus
    Hello we are coming to Paphos tomorrow afternoon for the week and we are looking at relocating here. We run our own business so all we would need is...
    1 | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Oslo
    I am A British Citizen in Oslo hoping to legally migrate and live here. How do I go about obtaining health care if I were to need it?
    1 | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Nigeria
    Dear Sir, I have learnt that Indian Companies owned by Sindhi in Nigeria doesn't pay off-shore salary on time, even don't pay for month, forcing...
    Zero | 5 weeks 3 days
  • Hong Kong
    Hi all well wishers.Recently i got an offer to join a job in Hongkong. Me and my wife are all set to explore the new destination, but My wife had...
    1 | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Abu Dhabi
    Hi,I was offered a job as a receptionist in a hospital in Abu Dhabi and the salary will be 750$ per month.Food, house and transport will be covered...
    1 | 5 weeks 1 day
  • Malaysia
    Hi all peoples, guys i want help i need guidence, my name is amit kumar, i live in chandigarh, i want to go in malaysia i can do any type work,...
    Zero | 5 weeks 4 days

Read more posts about