What are my chances of getting a job in Australia?

neil clarke's picture
By neil clarke - Posted on
22 February 2016

Hi there I am currently working in the Uk as a health and Safety Advisor.I am thinking about moving to Australia with my family,would anyone know a company who would be willing to sponsor me. I curently have the Nebosh general cert and have 3 years experience. My brother lives and works in Melborne,what would be my chances of being excepted? Thanks Neil

Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago

Hi Neil,

How old are you? This may effect which visa catergories you can apply for.

I suggest taking a look at our Work Permits for Australia page to get you started.

SOMV's picture

Hi Neil,

For your occupation (Occupational Health & Safety Adviser) you would need to have a qualification/s assessed at Australian Bachelor degree or higher degree with a highly relevant field of study and at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years.

Since you don't seem to have a degree level qualification the best bet is to see if you can get an employer to offer you a job and then to go to Australia via an employer sponsored visa. Employers based in regional areas (not Melbourne, for example), would be best for permanent visa options.

Anonymous

Hi, I am a Retail Professional and planning to move Australia on PR Visa. Please guide, how is Retail business in Australia. Is jobs in retail sector available easily. profile like showroom manager, merchandiser etc.

Thanks,
Bharat

kalra_bharat's picture

Hi, I am living in India and working in retail Industry having 8 years of experience. planning to move Australia on PR visa. Please guide, are jobs in retail industry available in Australia. Are all International/National brand outlets there. How big is Retail business in Australia and specially in which state like Sydney, Melbourne etc.

uniroles's picture

Hello neil
Please check out the job market to ensure chances of getting a job before moving Australia. You can apply from there for a job through online advertising website. Here i am giving you a link of Australian advertising website: https://uniroles.com.au/
Hope it will be useful for you.

Anonymous

Hi
I am a B.E Mechanaical Engineer with 15 years of experience in Production ,Manufacturing and Industrial engineering having Australian PR 189 Visa .
Could some one suggest me which state can I move in to get the jobs on my field and what are the job sites to be applied.

Anonymous

I want working in AUS permanently
no experience
I live in ROK(South Korea)
when possible, moving to AUS alone
so i want entry level with no experience
especially I want manufacturing job

Angeljimcookie's picture

How do I get a job in Australia, I have a degree in Business Management and I am 42 years old, is there an age limit ?

Read more posts about Australia