What are my partner's visa options for South Africa?

iram1604's picture
By iram1604 - Posted on
03 December 2014

Dear all, I am moving to the Western Cape (Worcester) to work as an A&E doctor for 1-5 years. I have been granted a critical skills work visa. My partner (of two years - not married) wishes to accompany me but i wondered with the new regulations what type of visa he needed to apply for? Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation? I am struggling to find a consistent answer! I don't yet have permanent residency as i don't know how long i plan to stay there. I have looked at lots of websites including Department of home affairs and i am wondering if a temporary resident visa is the answer? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance Iram

Xavier's picture

Cape Town

Johannesburg

Xavier's Website
Hi there

Recent changes to the South African visa system have made it more difficult to navigate, and have caused a lot of problems for a lot of people.

Your best option would be to consult an immigration consultant and discuss your options.

Have a look at our Visas for South Africa page which was written by an immigration professional to get a clear, concise idea of the changes to the South African visa system.

Hope this works out for you.

Best of luck!

Xavier

Read more posts about South Africa