on 6 Feb 2014
Hey,

My husband and I are moving to San Jose. We have two kids so finding the right home is a priority. Please can you recommend a nice, safe suburb of San Jose. Being close to good schools is a priority and safety for our children. My husband will be working in Silicon Valley so he needs to be able to commute everyday as well.

Also from my research I see that property in San Jose seems to be very luxurious and expensive. Are there any places where we can find a slightly older property for a more reasonable price ?

Look forward to hearing your feedback.

Sally
Shantalie on 10 Feb 2014
Hi Sally,

There are lots of people who move to San Jose with their kids and you'll find plenty of family-friendly suburbs. A few suburbs you can do some research into are Cambrian and Blossom Valley. These suburbs are safe, have a good sense of community and are close to good schools. Furthermore, they are close to hi-tech company offices, so this should be great for your husband.

You are right, in general property prices in San Jose are high. The most affordable property can be found in areas further away from the city centre of San Jose. Places like Cambrian, Blossom Valley and Evergreen all have a wider range of housing options.

For a more detailed overview check out our Areas and Suburbs of San Jose page.

Good luck.