What are the chances of relocating to Canada at the age of 45+?

Nandi's picture
By Nandi - Posted on
26 April 2016

Morning, I am a South Africa citizen looking to immigrate to Canada with my family. We are about 5 (3 adults and 2 teenagers)in our family. With us being in our 45 plus age group we wonder if this is seen as a hindrance to immigrating to another country. My partner is a Police Office and I work as a Project Administrator. We should be able to have ±CAD7500pm independent financial support for 6 months till we are able to find work. Would this be viable? Obviously we will have to be frugal and be very strict in our budget to be able to not be a burden on our host country. I am sure that we don't have to explain the reasons for our immigration, we just want to be able to provide a better future for our children while we can.

Cayley's picture

Hi Nandi,

Although the visa application process can often seem quite daunting, Canada claims one of the highest per capita immigration rates in the world. Where in Canada are you hoping to move?

Read more about moving to Canada in our immigration guide.

Cayley
Nandi's picture

Hi Cayley.
I was looking at the provinces of Alberta or British Columbia. Being from South Africa I like to be near open plains with mountains nearby.
We have children that are nearing the end of their school careers, we were looking at options that will enhance their future which sadly here in South Africa is becoming more and more scarce.

Anonymous

Hi
You can look for business investment visa in Manitoba if you have about CAD$ 200k and net worth of CAD$ 400k . for that you have to make exploratory visit to Manitoba or you look for arranged job offer letter

Anonymous

Hello,
I am from Pakistan and would like to move to Canada due to uncertainty for future of my kids. We are family of 5, me being engineer wife being doctor, three kids all boys, eldest being software engineer. 2nd boy is almost at last leg of becoming computer scientist and third has completed 12 years of education. We can manage to invest CAD 200K in farm land property. Additionally we can invest another CAD 100k in business.
What are the prospects and if any, considering above, which is the most suitable area to settle and how to proceed.

Our page on Moving to Canada is a good introduction for prospective expats. If you look along the sidebar of that page, you'll see there are individual sections for various aspects of life in Canada, and at the bottom of that sidebar are a number of cities: Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, and Waterloo. Each of these also has its own subsections, so it's a good way to explore the possibilities of which city would suit you best.

Since you mentioned investing in business, you may also find the Doing Business in Canada page useful. For an overview of visa options, please see Visas in Canada. Lastly, check out our guide on Buying Property in Canada.

Best of luck with your move.

Read more posts about Canada