What are the medical rules and regulations with respect to Hepatitis B in Dubai?

keronaptha's picture
By keronaptha - Posted on
Hi I am Affected with Hep B as career. I am seeking a job in oil and refinery sector as a production operator. I want to know whether Dubai govt. will allow me to work freely. What are the medical rules and regulations with respect to Hep B in dubai? Are they differ from Abu Dhabi rules i.e. denial after Positive Hep B report. What are the medical teste that does not allow to work in Dubai for Oil and Refinery Sectors? Please tell
jazeeljabbar's picture

Hi keronaptha,

Immigration rules are same for Dubai and Abudhabi, and according to latest update Hepatitis B Positive will not be provided with a residency visa if your profession is a Doctor, nurse, lab technician, or anything else in medical field, food handlers, cook, drivers of residents, house maids etc. You can enter the country with a residence or a visit visa. In the case of visit visa there is no medical tests, but once you enter with a residence visa it has only 60 days validity and in that period you need to do your medical tests and apply for residency.If you can provide me with more details on your profession ill get back to you with the right information you are looking for.

P.S : Jazeel Jabbar is a relocation's consultant specialized in providing relocation services(which includes Move Management, Immigration services, Home Search, Intercultural Training, City Orientation, Education Search and Registration, Pet Relocation, Insurance, Business Relocation) to individuals and corporate's moving to Dubai, UAE.
You can reach him at +971 55 505 8806 or at jazeel@pack2go.ae.

Your rating: None Average: 3.1 (10 votes)
keronaptha's picture

First Of all thank you very much dear jazeeljabbar for your kind attention towards my question and replying me.
Ya I want to tell you that I am chemical Engineer and wants to work as operator in Refinery field ( i.e. not connected to medical field or food as you may know) But I got different answers form diiferent people.
Stll The confusion is there with That 6 catagory. So I will be happy to learn from you that right, precison and 100% guarrented answer ,So then I can try for same.
God Bless you.

Anonymous

My husband is applying for a hotel driver in UAE and he is hepa B positive..do he need to undergo hepa B test..I know that we are bought hepa B positive..

Anonymous

can a dependent be good to enter Oman if he is carying Hepatitis B.

Your rating: None Average: 2.7 (3 votes)
Anonymous

Good day! we shared the same dilemma. I am chronic hep b carrier (but am healthy carrier). im in acctg profession and im planning to go and work in UAE. I learned thru diff blogs about UAE'S "new rule" in getting working visa that hep b test is no more required in jobs that do not fall in 6 categories. How true is this? Am still apprehensive on this matter. my brother is hepa b -, he is scheduled to go there nxt month, i checked his medical exam (required by d company he is going to work 4) and hepa b test is still on the list. pls. Enlighten me. tnx

Your rating: None Average: 3.3 (3 votes)
Anonymous

Hi I am Affected with Hep B as career. I am seeking a job in Information technology sector as a System administrator or system engineer . I want to know whether Dubai govt. will allow me to work freely. What are the medical rules and regulations with respect to Hep B in dubai?

Anonymous

i have Hepa b can i go to poland for living?

Your rating: None Average: 3.4 (5 votes)
Anonymous

Can i ask you guys something?
I have HepB carrier but my viral loads is non detect.
Is it accept to get work visa in Oman?

Anonymous

Hellow to every one im also a hepa b carrier and according to the agencies middle east and taiwan country, they did not allowing the hepa b +.

Anonymous

hi,i am hep b positive,is there is any problem for me in medical check up(in dubai) as i am having a labour visa?

Anonymous

any office position is no hepa b test done, it is only for medical related work, nanny's, worker in school, restaurant,food handler and housemaid....im also positive but they don't make any test on me last june 2012

Anonymous

I got HBSAG positive. can i apply for work as accountant in Doha Qatar

Your rating: None Average: 3.6 (7 votes)
Anonymous

i am having Hep B positive. I want to work in Doha Qatar as accountant. Can i get RP in Doha Qatar

gauravshah8282's picture

Anonymous

Dear ,i did mba and wants to come uae for job....but i am hepatitus b positive......what is latest requiremnt in uae regarding hepatitus......looking forward for some response..thanks

Anonymous

my Anonymous pls contact me in ajmalmultimedia@gmail.com

Anonymous

any office position is no hepa b test done, it is only for medical related work, nanny's, worker in school, restaurant,food handler and housemaid....im also positive but they don't make any test on me june 2012

Hi, which emirates are you working with?
that test that you are telling is that applicable for Dubai and Abu Dhabi? would you mind if i ask for your email and ask you for further details about this... I just want to know if i have place in UAE as i am HEPA B positive carrier... thank you

Anonymous

i am having hept b befor 2yaer deported from dubai sir can i come back dubai in other profession

Anonymous

I got a job as a food handler in dubai,i av made an exit before going for medical test and i failed the medical due to hapatitis b.though i am stil in dubai i want to know if i can aply for security job and if the first result will nt affect my residence visa if i get a security job.
THANKS

Anonymous

New medical test rules for expatriate workers in UAE
The Ministry of Health in UAE has announced that new expatriate workers found to have Hepatitis B when undergoing medical test, will not be deported, but will be given treatment.
The resident expatriates will not be asked to undergo the Hepatitis B test, while Hepatitis C test will no longer be required, as per the new rules.

Those tested positive for Hepatitis B will have to take three doses of vaccinations and submit proof that this has been done. The first dose of vaccination will cost Dh.50, while two others are free of charge.

Those already in the UAE will not have to undergo tests for TB. However, new entrants will be tested for pulmonary TB, while those having the disease will not be granted a residence visa.

Certain category of workers including housemaids, nannies, nursery, KG supervisors, barbers, beauticians, health club workers, and food handles will have to test for Hepatitis B and syphilis. But, if tested positive for syphilis, treatment will be offered, and the person will not be deported.

Women workers, particularly maids, drivers, nannies and will be asked to undergo a pregnancy test. In case, it is found positive, it is for the sponsor to decide whether to permit her to continue working or send the worker back home.

All expats entering UAE for work, studies or residence purposes will have to undergo medical tests.

According to Executive Director of Health Policies, Dr. Mahmoud Fikri, the new rules aim to protect people and society.

The changes incorporated in the medical checkup system for expatriates will help cover any gaps in the system, particularly with growing number of foreign workers entering the country, said Dr. Hanif Hassan, Minister of Health.

Posted on 20/8/2010

Anonymous

Dubai govt is not sincere with the news of hepatitis b published in 2010,all categories are being tested till date,pls and pls,don't waste your money and time to dubai if or any middle east if you have hep b or any infection.they test for all categories,you might think its not on the paper you filled,they will do it.i was there in 2012,got a job in laundry and was deported after medical for failing hep b test.infact,that was the first time i had the name hepb since i was born,i never fall sick or go for such test.dubai is no go area,i regret wasting my money and time.the discrimination was much.other western world will just place you on treatment for such.but middle east,despite the fact that they are rich,they still don't want to use their money to help foreigners to benefit from free treatment for residence.don't listen to people telling you one category or the other,they test for all category and its deportation.they only publish thaty fake news so that america and uk can calm down and think they've changed their discrimination system.

keronaptha's picture

Hummm............this is not working at all....I know it. Perhaps everybody knows This who are related to this.....
I WAS REJECTED IN 2011 JANUARY FOR THE SAME. EVEN I AM NOT INCLUDED UNDER THE SIX CATEGORY MENTIONED ABOVE.
I AM CHEMICAL ENGINEER WAS HAVING APPONTMENT LETTER OF OIL AND GAS COMPANY IN ABU DHABI....SO ITS NOT OF USEFUL...STILL SOMEBODY CAN TRY THEIR LUCK....IF SUCCESSFULL I WILL BE EAGERLY WAITIING TO READ THERE STORY....

Anonymous

Well Dear All, I was selected by Dubai gov company for job but once I informed them that I am carier of Hepatities B then they cancelled my VISA. Although as per rules & regulation allow me to work there because I do not fall under 6 category which they mentioned. But they rejected so I believe that even after new rules employers are prejudiced there regarding hepatitiesB..so take care before going Dubai...

Anonymous

hi everyone, I am working here right now in UAE (sharjah) as electronic engr. In international trading ( water treatment machine). during my medical for employment they found out that i am hepa b positive. the doctor spoke to me personaly and ask what field of job I am working with. I told to him that I am electronic engr. field of job is doing sales and service for water treatment machines. fortunately the doctor signed my medical certificate and I am fit to work. but he advice me to see a doctor (gastro or hepatologist) for my own good. Everyone do not los hope... because this rule is applicable to whole UAE. thats y i am wondering y others are rejectd or deported from dubai.

Your rating: None Average: 4.8 (5 votes)
Anonymous

dear all i am working here in sharjah as electronic engr. for international trading for water treatment machines,( i am doing service for machines and sales also ) last 6 months ago i undergo medical check up for my employmnt visa and they found out that i am hepa b positive. the doctor spoke to me personaly ask the background of my company. fortunately the doctor signed my certificate as fit to work. please dont hope and he said the this rules are applicable in UAE. they dont reject directly but they will ask first the background of your company.

Anonymous

plz tell me about Medical checkup i have house wife visa and i came befor 5 month plz tell me about fine and other thing

Anonymous

I got job in G4S security company as a security guard
my medical results are ..
HIV negative
TB negative
Hepatitis negative
Syphilis postives
will u please tell me either i am applicable for work visa or not.
security guard is not listed in ur job category domestic worker, private driver, nursery staff, food handler, beauty parlor staff, health club staff
thanks

shiekh's picture

my medical results are ..
HIV negative
TB negative
Hepatitis negative
Syphilis postives
thanks

Anonymous

hy sir i will effected by hcv virus but after treat ment my pcr report is not deductive now dr said that i am normal i want oman bussiness visa can i get kindly reply me thanks

Anonymous

hii all.
in sharjah they do test for Hepatitis C for Road company workers(engineers,surveyors,technicians)
on the time of visa renewal ...????

Read more posts about Dubai